Nick has represented individual and corporate clients in federal and state court and has broad litigation experience, including drafting dispositive motions and appellate briefs, taking and defending depositions, working with expert witnesses, and managing electronic discovery.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Nick practiced at a large law firm in Chicago and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Diane S. Sykes of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Education & Admissions
Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2013), magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Northwestern University Law Review; William Jennings Bryan Award (winner of intramural moot court)
Northwestern University (B.A., 2007), magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; history department honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, Honorable Diane S. Sykes, 2013-2014
- Representation of the board of directors of a Fortune 500 company in defense of shareholder derivative litigation. Dismissal affirmed on appeal.
- Representation of former CEO in defense of federal securities litigation. Dismissal affirmed on appeal.
- Representation of producer of specialty chemical products in defense of federal securities litigation. Motion to dismiss granted.
- Representation of money transfer company and executive officers in defense of federal securities litigation. Case dismissed.
- Representation of major accounting firm in defense of federal securities litigation. Case settled during pre-trial motions.
- Representation of major accounting firm in defense of professional negligence and consumer fraud claims. Case settled on the eve of trial.
- Representation of title insurance company in a putative class action. Denial of class certification affirmed on appeal.
*These matters were handled prior to joining Dorsey.
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Named "Minneapolis Ones to Watch" in Commercial Litigation by Best Lawyers®, 2021-2022
- Named by Leading Lawyers as an Emerging Lawyer in the area of Commercial Litigation, 2017
- Member of team awarded the 2019 Public Counsel Pro Bono Award in connection with representation of a class of parents forcibly separated from their children due to the government’s family separation policy, 2017
- Received Thomas H. Morsch Award for excellence in pro bono service, 2020
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Fellow at the Center for Disability and Elder Law, 2013