JAMES COUNSELS CLIENTS, BOTH GOVERNMENTAL AND PRIVATE, ON MUNICIPAL FINANCE TRANSACTIONS THAT FUND HOUSING, INFRASTRUCTURE AND OTHER ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS.
James regularly serves as underwriters’ counsel, disclosure counsel, bond counsel and trustee counsel on public finance matters, with an emphasis on state housing finance agency (HFA) transactions. Having worked for several years at the Iowa Finance Authority before joining Dorsey, James has a unique perspective of HFA work, including a thorough understanding of housing and state revolving fund programs. James applies this direct experience to help governmental issuers and their finance professionals obtain necessary program funding.
In addition to his HFA-related work in numerous states, James also frequently serves as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and/or underwriter’s counsel on general governmental, utility and economic development transactions.
Housing Finance Agency Background
- Since joining Dorsey in 2008, James has worked with several housing finance agencies (HFAs), in various roles, including as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and trustee counsel. James has worked as part of the transaction team for HFA housing programs in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Colorado, Ohio, Nebraska, Wisconsin and New Mexico.
- James has served as underwriter’s counsel, bond counsel and trustee counsel on more than 70 housing finance agency bond transactions since 2010. He has also served as bond counsel on multiple state revolving fund issues.
General Public Finance Background
- In addition to the specific HFA-related work, James has served as counsel on finance transactions ranging in size from $700,000 to $1.2 billion. This work includes bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and disclosure counsel on general governmental finance, conduit, housing and other infrastructure issues.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Development & Infrastructure
- Public Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships