Mike also has several years of experience reviewing and analyzing the Department of Labor’s complex regulations in the context of labor certification to implement effective PERM strategies. He works effectively with clients to understand their objectives and achieve goals for individual employees. He establishes valuable partnerships with his clients by navigating complex legal issues and shaping creative strategies to accomplish client objectives.
In his spare time, Mike enjoys spending time with his family, trying new recipes, and watching basketball.
- Worked closely with a small Spanish company to prepare nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions for its employees while navigating the ever-changing immigration landscape due to COVID-19 changes.
- Prepared dozens of PERM labor certification applications for Fortune 100 company.
- Represented a small Minnesota company with offices in Silicon Valley in its pursuit of PERM labor certification for its tech workers.
- Worked with a team to transfer over seventy H-1B hires for a Fortune 100 company.
- Developed and updated systems to effectively prepare a large volume of adjustment of status applications for several clients.
- Assisted a variety of creative professionals obtain visas for artists of extraordinary ability including, a fashion designer, Grammy Award winning musician, tattoo artist, experiential designer, character actor, and more.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Labor & Employment
Professional & Civic
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity – Pathfinder Program (2021)
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association – Minnesota/Dakotas Chapter
- CLE Committee (2021)
- Member since 2016
- American Immigration Lawyer’s Association – New York Chapter
- CLE Committee (2014-2016)
- Member from 2014 to 2016
- Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio (CLUES) – Youth in Action Program (YA!)
- Mentor since 2020
- Brooklyn Law Immigration Society
- Executive Board Delegate, 2012-2013
- Communications Director, 2013-2014
- Articles Editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law