LEE PROVIDES CLIENTS WITH COMPREHENSIVE IP LEGAL SOLUTIONS TO MEET AND EXCEED THEIR BUSINESS GOALS.
As a Partner and Head of Dorsey's Patent Group, Working in Denver and along the front range for over a decade, Lee's practice has expanded to include clients from New York to California, corresponding to the Firm's national presence and beyond. Lee is focused on providing cost effective solutions to clients and being a leader and mentor to the Firm's IP attorneys.
Lee's practice includes counseling on many aspects of IP, including IP licensing, portfolio development and management, IP commercialization, and due diligence relating to client sales and acquisitions. In the patent field, Lee helps his clients analyze the risks associated with the introduction of new products, including analyzing infringement and validity issues, and preparing related opinions. Lee also helps clients identify innovation by designing and implementing invention disclosure systems, and helps his clients protect those inventions by preparing and prosecuting patent applications at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Where a client is in need of assistance in dealing with an IP infringement or enforcement issue, Lee works with the client and Dorsey trial attorneys to investigate the situation and strategize the most cost effective way to realize the client's goals.
Lee has worked in many areas of technology giving him a business perspective to legal issues. As an engineer at Honeywell, Inc., and later at ATMEL Corp., Lee worked as semiconductor fabrication process engineer. Since becoming a patent attorney, Lee has worked extensively with manufacturing processes and equipment; industrial processes and equipment; software related to industrial and business processes; fitness, shower, filter, and oral health products; environmental remediation processes and equipment, and interactive television.
- Pay for Success project expands Nurse-Family Partnership to improve health outcomes for first-time moms and their children
- Samsonite adds chic luggage brand through strategic acquisition of Lipault
- Samsonite enters market for mobile device cases with strategic purchase of Speck
- Samsonite expands outdoor product brands with strategic purchase of Gregory Mountain Products
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- “Ethics in the IP Practice,” CLE International, Denver, January, 2004
- Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Intellectual Property), 2009-2018
- Listed as a Colorado Super Lawyer, 2010-2018
- Named "Denver Lawyer of the Year" in Litigation - Intellectual Property by Best Lawyers©, 2016
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2007-2018
- Listed as a Top Lawyer in Denver by 5280 The Denver Magazine, 2015-2017
- Recognized as the “Best Intellectual Property Lawyer (non litigator)” in Barrister’s Best 2015 - Law Week Colorado
- Recognized as an “IP Star” in 2013-2017 by Managing Intellectual Property Handbook
- Recognized in IAM Patent 1000 - World's Leading Patent Practitioners 2012-2013
- Listed in Colorado's Corporate Counsel Black Book, Intellectual Property Transactions, 2007
- 40 under 40, Denver Business Journal, 2004