Jessica M. Leano
Jessica is a litigation associate in Dorsey & Whitney LLP’s Southern California office, focusing on complex commercial disputes.
Though her practice focuses on commercial litigation, Jessica’s cases span Dorsey’s practice groups and disputes at the trial and appellate court level. Her notable matters include representing an institutional client in appeals from lease disputes in the California Courts of Appeal and Ninth Circuit, defending clients against food and beverage mislabeling claims, international arbitration proceedings, and representing pro bono clients in removal proceedings before the United States Immigration Courts.
After graduating from law school, Jessica completed an Appellate Fellowship at the largest law firm in the nation specializing exclusively in appellate litigation. Following a federal clerkship, Jessica began her practice with the Los Angeles office of an international law firm, representing and advising clients in a variety of matters, including employment disputes and class and complex actions.
Education & Admissions
Pepperdine Caruso School of Law (J.D., Certificates in Dispute Resolution, Entertainment, Media, & Sports Law, and Entrepreneurship & the Law, 2018),
- magna cum laude
- order of the coif
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for highest course grades in seven courses
- Pepperdine Law Review, Lead Articles Editor
Elon University (B.A., Journalism, minor in German Studies, 2014), magna cum laude
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2019-2021
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- The Disappearing “Ink” Signature, ASS’N BUS. TRIAL LAWYERS REP. (2020; co-author)
- “Want Ads” and Limos: What’s the Next Variation on the “Golden Rule” Argument? VERDICT MAGAZINE (Volume III, 2019)
- The Agenda-Setting Power of Saturday Night Live, 5 ELON J. UNDERGRADUATE RES. COMMUNICATIONS 81 (2014)
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Labor & Employment