As an associate in Dorsey’s trial group, Alan represents clients in a wide variety of substantive legal areas, including breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation, breach of fiduciary duties, professional malpractice, and claims arising under the False Claims Act and other statutes.
Alan represents clients in all phases of civil litigation. He has been a member of multiple teams that have tried cases to completion and first-chaired administrative hearings before the U.S. Department of Justice. He also has substantial experience in pre-trial motion practice as well as written and oral discovery.
Prior to joining Dorsey in 2017, Alan was an associate in a large law firm in Chicago.
- Representing pharmacy benefit manager against multiple class actions alleging ERISA fiduciary breaches and prohibited transactions.
- Member of trial team in $50 million, four-week trial in Florida state court involving claims of trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract.
- Obtained no damages award in AAA-arbitration seeking $2.5 million from business jet manufacturer.
- Defended consulting firm against actuarial malpractice claims brought under False Claims Act; obtained favorable settlement during trial.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit alleging breach of fiduciary duty and usurpation of corporate opportunity against high level financial services professional.
- Represented defense contractor in government investigation involving False Claims Act allegations.
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Named as a “Rising Star” by the National Immigrant Justice Center for pro bono representation of asylum seekers (2017)
- Received Albert E. Jenner, Jr. Pro Bono Award for exceptional commitment to pro bono representation (2016)
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) Fellow at Northwestern University School of Law’s Bluhm Legal Clinic (2014)