KIMTON HELPS COMPANIES CREATE AN IP STRATEGY TO PROTECT THEIR TECHNOLOGY.
Kimton’s practice includes counseling and advising clients on a wide range of Intellectual Property issues, including patent portfolio development and management, licensing, acquisition, participation in standards organizations, and Intellectual Property due diligence.
Kimton provides opinions and advice regarding patentability, infringement and patent validity issues. He also advises clients on establishing internal patent procurement programs, analyzing and protecting competitive market advantages, and international patent prosecution strategies.
Kimton has extensive experience with preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications relating to a broad range of technologies, including electrical, computer, semiconductor, electro-mechanical, software, and medical device technologies.
Kimton has worked with a wide variety of technologies, including:
- Computer memory systems and architecture
- Semiconductor device design, process and fabrication
- Computer graphics and imaging
- Diagnostic ultrasound systems
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- "Protecting and Leveraging Innovation Through Patents," presenter, Washington State Bar Association CLE Program, September 24, 2009
Industries & Practices
- Health Care
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2011-2018; Named "Seattle Patent Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers©, 2015
- Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA (Intellectual Property), 2013-2018
- Recognized as an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property Handbook, 2013-2018
- Listed as a Washington Super Lawyer, 2012-2017; Listed as a "Rising Star" by Washington Super Lawyers, 2001-2008
- Recognized in IAM Patent 1000 - World's Leading Patent Practitioners, 2012-2016