NATE HELPS CLIENTS ACHIEVE THEIR GOALS DURING ALL STAGES OF COMPLEX CIVIL DISPUTES.
Nate’s experience spans a wide range of industries, from the health care field, to federal Indian law, to construction litigation, to the financial services industry. He has practiced in state and federal courts at both trial and appellate levels. Nate also has extensive experience in arbitral forums, including AAA.
For his clients, Nate has obtained dismissal of claims on the pleadings, managed all aspects of complex discovery, obtained dismissal at summary judgment, and litigated cases through trial.
Nate also maintains a healthy pro bono practice by representing low income plaintiffs in conciliation court appeals.
Education & Admissions
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 2013), magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Note and Comment Editor, Volume 97, Minnesota Law Review
Gustavus Adolphus College (B.A., 2009), summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- Minnesota Supreme Court, Honorable David L. Lillehaug, 2013-2014
- Insight Equity, A.P. X, LP v. Transitions Optical, Inc. (D. Del.): Representing lens manufacturer asserting antitrust claims.
- Represented a medical device company against a securities fraud putative class action resulting in the dismissal of all remaining claims on summary judgment.
- Represented tribal business entity in state consumer class action involving allegations of improper lending practices.
- Represented national bank in nationwide class action in federal court involving claims relating to lender-placed flood insurance.
News & Resources
- Note, It Can Do More Than Protect Your Credit Score: Regulating Social Media Pre-Employment Screening with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 97 Minn. L. Rev. 306 (2012), available here.
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Closely Held Businesses
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Health Litigation
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement