ERIK HELPS CLIENTS IN FINANCE AND RESTRUCTURING MATTERS.
Erik Detlefsen is a partner in the Finance and Restructuring group. Erik’s practice focuses on commercial financing, including acquisition financing, tribal lending, and mortgage warehouse lending, as well as corporate restructuring in and outside of bankruptcy, corporate trust matters and unclaimed property issues.
Education & Admissions
Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 2010), Edward D. Foreman Most Distinguished Student Award; Editor in Chief, Stetson Law Review; Moot Court Board
Stetson University College of Business Administration (M.B.A., 2010), Beta Gamma Sigma
Stetson University (B.A., Economics, 2007), summa cum laude
- Counsel to agent in $250,000,000 syndicated secured revolving credit facility to Indian tribe.
- Counsel to lender in $40,000,000 secured term loan facility to Indian tribe.
- Counsel to lender in connection with all aspects of the restructuring and refinancing of a portfolio of secured term and revolving credit facilities to large dairy borrowers.
- Counsel to agent in $450,000,000 syndicated mortgage warehouse facility.
- Counsel to buyer in $30,000,000 mortgage warehouse facility.
- Counsel to numerous medical technology companies and other emerging companies in connection with debt financings.
- Counsel to investment advisor in connection with numerous EB-5 Regional Center financings.
- Counsel to utility company in connection with unclaimed property audit.
- Counsel to U.S. Bank National Association as indenture trustee in connection with the Chapter 11 restructuring of Las Vegas Monorail Company.
- Counsel to U.S. Bank National Association as indenture trustee in connection with the Chapter 11 restructuring of Patriot Coal Corporation.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Minnesota Commercial Finance Association - Lending Issues in M&A Financing - March 25, 2015
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Corporate Trust Services
- Development & Infrastructure
- Indian & Alaska Native
- Lending Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mortgage Banking