Jennifer has extensive litigation and trial experience representing corporations and government entities in complex civil litigation matters. She has also defended corporations and government entities in commercial litigation, and has significant trial and appellate experience. Jennifer’s recent cases include products liability with a focus on automotive and medical device. Her toxic tort practice focuses on asbestos litigation across the country. In addition, she has extensive regulatory expertise, advising clients on data privacy, enforcement actions, government investigations, and state licensing requirements.
Jennifer’s automotive practice includes defending seat back, air bag, rollover, roof crush and asbestos matters for one of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers. Jennifer executes the overall defense strategy and with that, is skilled in complex, trial-driven case management. She has extensive experience with engineering, economic, medical and human factors experts, cutting quickly and effortlessly to the technical defense in her cases. Jennifer is accomplished in managing the science of accident reconstruction, reviewing technical and design documents, and drafting dispositive, non-dispositive motions and discovery responses.
Jennifer’s experience and capabilities extend to her medical device practice, where she has defended manufacturers of vascular access devices and pumps, stents, convective warming blankets and pain pumps in litigation involving personal injury claims up to and including catastrophic injury and wrongful death. Her work includes development of the defense strategy, preparing for and taking depositions, drafting motions and alternative dispute resolution. Jennifer also has experience in health care regulation and compliance, including Sunshine laws, government investigations and administrative litigation.
Jennifer served as an Assistant Attorney General with the Office of the Minnesota Attorney General, representing state and county agencies in civil and administrative matters, and providing oversight to all aspects of government investigations. Jennifer also represented state regulatory agencies in state and federal courts and regularly advised her clients on data privacy, risk management and compliance and regulatory matters.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- “No, Seriously - Using Nontraditional Methods Such as Comedy for Skills and Balance,” Panelist, DRI Asbestos Medicine Virtual Seminar, November 2020
- “Litigating Non-Compete Agreements,” Co-Presenter, Webinar, November 2019
- “Technology Law,” Co-Presenter, National Business Institute Webinar, October 2019
- “Update on Data Privacy Laws (Nationally and Internationally),” Co-Presenter, ACEDS Regional eDiscovery Symposium, September 2019
- “Ethics in Farm Business Law,” Speaker, NBI Farm Business Law Seminar, June 2019
- “The Impact of the GDPR on U.S. Discovery,” Co-Presenter, Webinar, May 2019
- “Drafting the Initial Pleadings,” Presenter, Institute for Paralegal Education CLE Seminar, May 2019
- “Getting the Most out of your Witnesses,” Presenter, Institute for Paralegal Education CLE Seminar, May 2019
- “Legal Ethics Oversights that can Lead to Discipline and Legal Malpractice,” Speaker, NBI Evidence Authentication and Admission: Top Mistakes to Avoid Seminar, May 2019
- “New World Order: Navigating The Arbitration Landscape,” Moderator, ABA TIPS: Aviation & Space Litigation Conference, October 2018
- “Applying the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure,” Presenter, NBI Webinar, June 2018
- “The Lightning Round--Developing Auto Product Liability Litigation Risks,” Co-Presenter, Client Hot Topics Seminar, May 2018
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Healthcare Litigation
- Products Liability