Education & Admissions
Columbia Law School (J.D., 2014), Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Parker School Recognition of Achievement in International and Comparative Law; Columbia Human Rights Law Review, A Jailhouse Lawyer’s Manual, Articles Editor
University of Texas at Austin (B.A., History, 2010), cum laude; Departmental Honors; Dean’s Honor List; Bridging Disciplines Program Certificate in International Studies
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Honorable David C. Godbey, 2015-2016
- Secured favorable arbitration award after three-week hearing on behalf of EPC contractor against owner of 136 MW wind project in Washington.
- Won five-day bench trial on behalf of homeowners’ association securing access for a group of multi-million dollar properties on the Colorado Western Slope.
- Obtained complete dismissal of claims against special district bond underwriter involved in development of Colorado ski resort community.
- Represented general contractor in negotiation of favorable settlement of warranty claims against Asian supplier of equipment installed on 600 MW wind project in Colorado.
- Successfully settled trade secret dispute between developers of potential cogeneration power plant in Pennsylvania.
- Won arbitration award after five-day hearing on behalf of master association against claims by condominium homeowners’ association concerning mixed use development in Colorado ski resort community.
- Secured favorable settlement for general contractor against subcontractors involved in construction of college football stadium in Colorado.
- Regularly represent commercial landlords and tenants in negotiation of lease workouts and related disputes.
- Routinely advocate for developer and owner land use rights before governmental units.
*Some representations occurred prior to joining Dorsey.
Pro Bono Experience:
- Successfully obtained asylum for family of four Afghan refugees who escaped to the United States during Operation Allies Refuge.
- Assisted Venezuelan migrants with applications for temporary protected status and employment authorization through legal aid clinics with Colorado Lawyers Committee.
- Advocated for improved conditions in New Mexico prisons on behalf of a 6,000-member class of incarcerated persons at risk of COVID-19 infection, resulting in new rule-making initiative to address class actions in the context of habeas corpus claims.
- Co-authored human rights report regarding migrant workers’ rights in Nepal, leading to expansion of rights in decision by Supreme Court of Nepal.
- Represented disabled minor from non-English-speaking family in successful administrative appeal regarding alleged overpayment of Social Security benefits.
- Obtained correction of military records through successful appeal on behalf of veteran suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and other service-connected disabilities.
- Secured a writ of habeas corpus from the Seventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals on behalf of a federal prisoner whose right to self-representation had been violated in state court.
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Design
- Construction Litigation
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Development & Infrastructure
- Electric Power
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Oil & Gas
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Real Estate Litigation
Professional & Civic
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law, Division 10 (Energy & Environment), Diversity Liaison
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Judicial Committee and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
- Associated General Contractors of Colorado, Future Leaders Forum