- Formation of Leo Cable LP, a venture between a subsidiary of Liberty Global and investment funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners, L.P.
- $585.0 million enterprise value acquisition of a Puerto Rico cable operator, counsel to buyer
- $422.0 million share-for-share acquisition of the remaining minority stake in Chilean cable television and mobile telephone companies, counsel to majority shareholder buyer
- 167 billion Chilean peso ($333.2 million) acquisition of a minority stake in a Chilean company, counsel to majority shareholder buyer
- $260 million acquisition of a Chilean company, including a 104.8 billion Chilean peso denominated ($197.5 million) bank facility, counsel to buyer
- $243 million sale of a group of Argentine companies, counsel to seller
- Up to $230 million acquisition of a U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturing company by a Latin American group of companies, counsel to buyer
- Prepared Spanish-language joint venture governing documents in connection with $224 million sale of a minority interest in a Bolivian silver mining operation, counsel to seller
- 60 billion Chilean peso ($130 million) bank facility for a Chilean company, counsel to majority shareholder
- $60 million sale of a majority interest in a group of Mexican companies, counsel to seller
- $22 million acquisition of a U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturing company's assets by a Latin American group of companies, counsel to buyer
- $10 million sale of a minority interest in a group of Venezuelan companies, counsel to seller
- $8.5 million investment in acquisition and restructuring of debt of an Argentine company, counsel to new majority shareholder
- 14.7 million Brazilian real ($7 million) sale of a majority interest (with a retained minority interest) in a group of Brazilian companies, counsel to seller
- Limited auction of TV programming channels, counsel to seller
- $4.3 million buyout of 50% joint venture partner in a U.S. company providing services throughout Latin America, counsel to buyer
- $4 million sale of a minority interest in a Peruvian company, counsel to seller
- $3 million sale of a majority interest in a group of Colombian and Venezuelan companies, counsel to seller
- $2.3 million acquisition of an interest in a group of Ecuadorian companies, counsel to buyer
- $1.3 million sale of an interest in a group of Ecuadorian companies, counsel to seller
- $350,000 sale of electronic equipment into Argentina, counsel to seller
- Multiple restructurings of a group of Mexican companies, counsel to majority shareholder
- Represented various U.S. individuals in their ownership of Argentine companies, restructurings of their capital structure, ongoing compliance with Argentine law, and sale/donation of Argentine company to Argentine and U.S. non-profit entities
- Represented various U.S. individuals in their ownership of a Costa Rican company, restructuring of the company’s capital structure, and the company’s ongoing compliance with local law
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
January 13, 2023
January 7, 2022
January 6, 2021
Dorsey & Whitney Counsels Liberty Latin America on its Acquisition of AT&T Operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
October 9, 2019
October 19, 2017
- Co-presenter, Insurance Requirements, Additional Insureds, Waivers of Subrogation, Oh My . . . What Does It All Mean for Agreements with Providers and Vendors? (November, 2022)
- Co-presenter, Force Majeure Clauses (in a post-COVID litigation world) (November, 2022)
- Speaker, FCPA Enforcement and Anti-Bribery Laws in Latin America, at seminar sponsored by Colorado Association of Corporate Counsel, Denver, Colorado (December, 2010)
- Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: What You Should Know About Foreign Investment in the United States and National Security Considerations (June, 2009)
Industries & Practices
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Civic
- Adjunct Professor – Spanish for Lawyers, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2005–2014.
- Member – Colorado Bar Association Spanish Language Lawyering Committee, 2010–Present.
- Translation Team Leader & Volunteer Speaker – “Nuestras Cortes” [Our Courts], Colorado Bar Association education program to further public knowledge and understanding of the state and federal courts in Colorado. Led team translating English-language presentations into Spanish, 2010-Present.
- Volunteer Instructor – Spanish for Lawyers, Colorado Bar Association CLE course, 2005.
- Volunteer – Our Family Orphan Communities, Inc./Nuestra Familia Comunidades de Huérfanos, A.C., 2009–Present.
- Volunteer Instructor – Junior Achievement – Rocky Mountain Inc., Denver, Colorado, 2010–Present.
- Volunteer Service Project Coordinator – Colorado Cares Day, Aurora, Colorado, 2008–2013.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Community Family Fair, Aurora, Colorado, 2003–2005.