TROY REPRESENTS CLIENTS IN CROSS-BORDER MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS, JOINT VENTURES, AND FINANCINGS, WITH EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE REPRESENTING U.S. AND MULTI-NATIONAL CLIENTS IN LATIN AMERICA.
Of Counsel in Dorsey's Corporate and International Groups, Troy has also focused on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and has assisted clients in developing FCPA compliance policies.
- Formation of Leo Cable LP, a venture between a subsidiary of Liberty Global and investment funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners, L.P.
- $585.0 million enterprise value acquisition of a Puerto Rico cable operator, counsel to buyer
- $422.0 million share-for-share acquisition of the remaining minority stake in Chilean cable television and mobile telephone companies, counsel to majority shareholder buyer
- 167 billion Chilean peso ($333.2 million) acquisition of a minority stake in a Chilean company, counsel to majority shareholder buyer
- $260 million acquisition of a Chilean company, including a 104.8 billion Chilean peso denominated ($197.5 million) bank facility, counsel to buyer
- $243 million sale of a group of Argentine companies, counsel to seller
- Up to $230 million acquisition of a U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturing company by a Latin American group of companies, counsel to buyer
- Prepared Spanish-language joint venture governing documents in connection with $224 million sale of a minority interest in a Bolivian silver mining operation, counsel to seller
- 60 billion Chilean peso ($130 million) bank facility for a Chilean company, counsel to majority shareholder
- $60 million sale of a majority interest in a group of Mexican companies, counsel to seller
- $22 million acquisition of a U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturing company's assets by a Latin American group of companies, counsel to buyer
- $10 million sale of a minority interest in a group of Venezuelan companies, counsel to seller
- $8.5 million investment in acquisition and restructuring of debt of an Argentine company, counsel to new majority shareholder
- 14.7 million Brazilian real ($7 million) sale of a majority interest (with a retained minority interest) in a group of Brazilian companies, counsel to seller
- Limited auction of TV programming channels, counsel to seller
- $4.3 million buyout of 50% joint venture partner in a U.S. company providing services throughout Latin America, counsel to buyer
- $4 million sale of a minority interest in a Peruvian company, counsel to seller
- $3 million sale of a majority interest in a group of Colombian and Venezuelan companies, counsel to seller
- $2.3 million acquisition of an interest in a group of Ecuadorian companies, counsel to buyer
- $1.3 million sale of an interest in a group of Ecuadorian companies, counsel to seller
- $350,000 sale of electronic equipment into Argentina, counsel to seller
- Multiple restructurings of a group of Mexican companies, counsel to majority shareholder
- Represented various U.S. individuals in their ownership of Argentine companies, restructurings of their capital structure, ongoing compliance with Argentine law, and sale/donation of Argentine company to Argentine and U.S. non-profit entities
- Represented various U.S. individuals in their ownership of a Costa Rican company, restructuring of the company’s capital structure, and the company’s ongoing compliance with local law
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Speaker, “FCPA Enforcement and Anti-Bribery Laws in Latin America,” at seminar sponsored by Colorado Association of Corporate Counsel, Denver, Colorado (December 2010).
- Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: What You Should Know About Foreign Investment in the United States and National Security Considerations (06/09).
Industries & Practices
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Latin America
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Civic
- Adjunct Professor – Spanish for Lawyers, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2005–2014.
- Member – Colorado Bar Association Spanish Language Lawyering Committee, 2010–Present.
- Translation Team Leader & Volunteer Speaker – “Nuestras Cortes” [Our Courts], Colorado Bar Association education program to further public knowledge and understanding of the state and federal courts in Colorado. Led team translating English-language presentations into Spanish, 2010-Present.
- Volunteer Instructor – Spanish for Lawyers, Colorado Bar Association CLE course, 2005.
- Volunteer – Our Family Orphan Communities, Inc./Nuestra Familia Comunidades de Huérfanos, A.C., 2009–Present.
- Volunteer Instructor – Junior Achievement – Rocky Mountain Inc., Denver, Colorado, 2010–Present.
- Volunteer Service Project Coordinator – Colorado Cares Day, Aurora, Colorado, 2008–2013.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Community Family Fair, Aurora, Colorado, 2003–2005.