TROY REPRESENTS CLIENTS IN CROSS-BORDER MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS, JOINT VENTURES, AND FINANCINGS, WITH EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE REPRESENTING U.S. AND MULTI-NATIONAL CLIENTS IN LATIN AMERICA.
A Senior Attorney in Dorsey's Corporate and International Groups, Troy has also focused on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and has assisted clients in developing FCPA compliance policies.
- Represented Liberty Global in formation of Leo Cable, a joint venture between a subsidiary of Liberty Global and investment funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners, and Leo Cable's USD 585,000,000 enterprise value acquisition of Puerto Rico cable operator San Juan Cable LLC (doing business as OneLink Communications).
- Represented Liberty Global in USD 422,000,000 acquisition of remaining 20% interest in two Chilean subsidiaries.
- 167,000,000,000 Chilean peso (USD 333,200,000) acquisition of a minority stake in a Chilean company (counsel to majority shareholder).
- USD 260,000,000 acquisition of a Chilean company, including a 104,828,250,000 Chilean peso denominated (USD 197,500,000) bank facility.
- USD 243,000,000 sale of a group of Argentine companies.
- Up to USD 230,000,000 acquisition of a U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturing company by a Latin American group of companies.
- Prepared Spanish-language joint venture governing documents in connection with USD 224,000,000 sale of a minority interest in a Bolivian silver mining operation.
- 60,000,000,000 Chilean peso (USD 130,000,000) bank facility for a Chilean company (counsel to majority shareholder).
- USD 60,000,000 sale of a majority interest in a group of Mexican companies.
- USD 22,000,000 acquisition of a U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturing company's assets by a Latin American group of companies.
- USD 10,000,000 sale of a minority interest in a group of Venezuelan companies.
- USD 8,580,000 investment in acquisition and restructuring of debt of an Argentine company (counsel to new majority shareholder).
- 14,700,000 Brazilian real (USD 7,000,000) sale of a majority interest (with a retained minority interest) in a group of Brazilian companies.
- USD 4,300,000 buyout of 50% joint venture partner in a U.S. company providing services throughout Latin America.
- USD 4,000,000 sale of a minority interest in a Peruvian company.
- USD 3,000,000 sale of a majority interest in a group of Colombian and Venezuelan companies.
- USD 2,300,000 acquisition of an interest in a group of Ecuadorian companies.
- USD 1,300,000 sale of an interest in a group of Ecuadorian companies.
- USD 350,000 sale of electronic equipment into Argentina.
- Multiple restructurings of a group of Mexican companies.
- Represented various U.S. individuals in their ownership of Argentine companies, restructurings of their capital structure, and their ongoing compliance with Argentine law.
- Represented various U.S. individuals in their ownership of a Costa Rican company, restructuring of the company’s capital structure, and the company’s ongoing compliance with local law.
Industries & Practices
- Latin America
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Civic
- Adjunct Professor – Spanish for Lawyers, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2005–Present.
- Member – Colorado Bar Association Spanish Language Lawyering Committee, 2010–Present.
- Translation Team Leader & Volunteer Speaker – “Nuestras Cortes” [Our Courts], Colorado Bar Association education program to further public knowledge and understanding of the state and federal courts in Colorado. Led team translating English-language presentations into Spanish, 2010-Present.
- Volunteer Instructor – Spanish for Lawyers, Colorado Bar Association CLE course, 2005.
- Volunteer – Our Family Orphan Communities, Inc./Nuestra Familia Comunidades de Huérfanos, A.C., 2009–Present.
- Volunteer Instructor – Junior Achievement – Rocky Mountain Inc., Denver, Colorado, 2010–Present.
- Volunteer Service Project Coordinator – Colorado Cares Day, Aurora, Colorado, 2008–2013.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Community Family Fair, Aurora, Colorado, 2003–2005.