The North America section of the Digest focuses on FCPA settlements and pleas. It includes:
- The guilty plea by a former Embraer executive to FCPA violations in Saudi Arabia;
- The $422 million settlement by Keppel to resolve FCPA charges; and
- The not guilty plea by a former Siemens executive for his alleged part in the company’s Argentine-bribery scheme.
In the Europe section of the Digest you’ll find discussion regarding:
- The new national economic crime centre planned in the U.K.; and
- Two French firms which were debarred by the World Bank.
- The Peruvian president’s narrow escape from impeachment after allegations about his receipt of Odebrecht bribes;
- Ecuador’s former vice president was sentenced to six years in jail for his part in the Odebrecht scandal; and
- The former Colombian Vice President of Transport was sentenced to over five years in jail for accepting bribes from Odebrecht.
This issue of the Digest includes, in addition, articles relating to events in the Middle East, Asia, and Africa and new articles of note.
We hope you find this information useful. To view this issue, click here.
Corruption issues are also addressed on the Computer Fraud website at http://computerfraud.us/ and SEC Actions blog at www.secactions.com. To subscribe to future editions of the Anti-Corruption Digest, click here.