Dorsey Health Strategies LLC, a consultancy founded by Dorsey & Whitney LLP, offers a comprehensive array of business advisory and regulatory services to clients in the health industry. Our consulting services range from strategic planning to operational assistance to optimizing business models, and these services may be obtained in conjunction with Dorsey’s legal services or independently.
Our team is experienced in providing solutions to clients facing high-stakes business decisions that can make or break crucial projects. We offer uniquely integrated legal and business expertise to our clients to ensure compliance, optimize clinical and healthcare technology workflows, and scale your business in innovative ways.
Read more about our comprehensive services.
We help clients assess their operational risks and develop strategic approaches to mitigate these risks, including developing and implementing compliance programs.
We assist clients with fraud compliance (FCA, AKS, Stark), HIPAA compliance, and compliance with other federal and state laws. For all types of compliance work, we provide essential compliance program documents (e.g., explanatory manuals and implementation tools) and compliance program analysis, implementation, and training services as requested.
We help clients analyze business processes to understand and remove potentials for error, implement solutions that increase business efficiency, develop training materials and work with training teams to implement new procedures and systems, and create tools (dashboards) for ongoing monitoring, increased transparency and continuous improvement efforts.
We also assist clients with lean transformations, Epic optimization, and streamlining business processes.
- Lean transformation enables clients to reduce costs without necessarily reducing headcount, and also provide the opportunity to engage front-line staff in continuous efforts.
- Epic optimization helps providers better leverage Epic or other EHR to achieve meaningful use incentives and other clinical and financial goals.
- We also work on targeted engagements to improve or overhaul problematic business processes.
Dorsey Health Strategies routinely advises the following types of clients:
- Healthcare providers
- Large integrated systems
- Independent hospitals, referral centers, and ambulatory providers
- Specialty hospitals and surgical facilities, such as ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs)
- Medical group practices (especially major groups of specialists) and "Umbrella" physician organizations (such as IPAs)
- Health insurers (including PPOs and HMOs)
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Medical technology and device companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs)
- Telemedicine and mobile health companies
- Retail healthcare providers
- Healthcare startups and joint collaborations
Industries & Practices
- Healthcare Litigation
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations