Dorsey’s clean technology lawyers help companies and investors across the globe in a variety of sectors. At each critical stage of development, Dorsey lawyers work to keep clients on the cutting edge of market trends and ahead of their competition. We apply legal acumen and business insight in all key areas of this sector.
From Concept to Commerce
Dorsey’s work spans virtually all areas of our clients’ activities. Interdisciplinary teams work seamlessly and efficiently with emerging, mid-stage and late-stage cleantech companies. Our broad array of specialty practices allows our group to work with clients throughout their life cycle – from assistance with early stage venture financings, intellectual property counseling and patent procurement to mid-stage project financings and later stage capital markets and merger and acquisition transactions.
Every member of our group is passionate about seeing our clients succeed in the global community, enabling more efficient use of natural resources and reducing the ecological impact of the production and delivery of goods and services.
Clean Tech Sectors
- Advanced glass
- Alternative fuels and ethanol production
- Anaerobic digestion and biomass
- Carbon capture and sequestering
- Community and distributed energy generation
- Energy efficiency devices and technologies
- Energy infrastructure and transmission management
- Energy storage
- Fuel cells
- Geothermal technologies
- Green building materials
- Nuclear fuel technologies
- Photovoltaic and concentrated solar technologies
- Plasma gasification, pyrolysis and other waste-to-energy technologies
- Software, sensors and controls
- Solid-state lighting
- Sustainable agriculture and food processing
- Wastewater treatment technologies
- Water and irrigation management
- Wave and tidal technologies
- Wind technologies
- Represented property and advisory group with the leasing of commercial roof space for solar power generation.
- Represented leading geothermal energy supplier in a shelf registration for Common Stock.
- Represented a water technology company in a Private Offering for Series A Preferred Stock.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of solar LED lights and solar power systems in a Non-Brokered Private Offering for common shares and in the sale of an equity stake investment in excess of 5% to a private company located in Southport, Connecticut
- Represented a full service solar company in a Brokered Private Offering for subscription receipts and a merger.
- Represented a private company located in Luxembourg in the purchase of shares of a private solar company located in Somerset, United Kingdom.
- Represented an asphalt-recycling company in a Private Offering for Series A Stock.
- Represented a leader in solid-state energy storage solutions in the sale of an equity investment.
- Represented a manufacturer of electrochemical generators (fuel cells) in a U.S. bankruptcy auction for the sale of substantially all of its assets and operating debt to a corporation in South Korea.
- Represented a utility company in the purchase of 18 water/wastewater systems from a utility provider.
- Represented a supplier of small wind turbines in the sale of all of its issued and outstanding securities to and combination with a private venture capital company.
- Represented a leader in the development and commercialization of plasma-based waste processing with a solution that transforms various waste streams into ultra-clean fuels and other commercial products, in connection with its equity financing and its reorganization.
- Represented a technology company that converts whey permeate (a dairy waste) into ethanol and dry yeast using a proprietary process, in connection with the acquisition of its core technology.
- Represented a technology company that combines distributed solar energy generation with smart grid communications and improved grid reliability features to create a utility grade solution for solar power, in connection with its general corporate, acquisition and energy regulatory matters.
- Represented a UK clean technology company engaged in rock gasification of deep-buried coal, shale and coal under the North Sea.
- Represented several financial institutions in their financing of renewable energy generation projects.
- Represented a leading U.S. coal-to-liquids technology company, in its joint collaboration with Chinese research institutes and advising on the establishment of a low to zero-carbon emission, low water usage direct coal liquefaction and integrated coal and biomass to liquids project in Ordos, Inner Mongolia.
- Represented a company that develops, operates and manages district energy and cooling systems, including deep-water air conditioning, in the development of a revolutionary seawater cooled district cooling system for Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Represented a developer of revolutionary solar photovoltaic micro-inverters, in a strategic arrangement with an industry standard component manufacturer and in the development of its distribution agreement.
- Represented a leading multinational lighting company on its energy performance contracting structures and documentation relating to its LED lighting projects in China.
- Represented a solar leasing fund in its capital raising and portfolio acquisition activities.
- Represented a number of renewable energy developers in their development of distributed generation projects around the U.S.
- Represented client in connection with the negotiation of a ground lease and power purchase agreement with regard to the building of a 21.9 MW solar farm on a property in New Jersey.
- Represented a small public company client focused on industrial lighting applications of solar technology, including corporate initiatives, and several public and private offerings of common stock.
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Cooperative Law
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Private Equity
- Project Development & Finance
- Technology Commerce
China Cleans Up its Act on the Environment 中国治理环境执法行动