Charis assists clients with healthcare regulatory compliance and transactional matters.
Charis works with clients throughout the healthcare industry, including hospitals, pharmacies, healthcare systems, research institutions, and long term care providers. Her practice includes advising clients on HIPAA, the Stark law, state and federal anti-kickback statutes, and state licensure requirements. She also aids clients with telemedicine and digital health issues. Charis maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing clients seeking asylum in the United States.
Education & Admissions
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2019),
- cum laude
- Ray and Ethel Brown Award in Legal Writing, 2019
- Best Performance Distinctions – Constitutional Law II, Federal Jurisdiction
- Dean’s Academic Achievement Award
- Pro Bono Society Membership and Award of Distinction
- Wisconsin Law Review – Articles Editor
University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., Political Science, 2014)
- Spanish (proficient)
- Advise client regarding HIPAA privacy regulations;
- Experience drafting consulting, clinical trial, and physician employment agreements;
- Counsel client on a variety of state and federal controlled substances regulations;
- Due diligence review on corporate healthcare transactions;
- Draft admissions agreements and related documents for long term care facilities;
- Develop policies and procedures for pharmacies in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Represent clients seeking asylum in the United States;
- Assist victims of domestic abuse in obtaining restraining orders;
- Prepare amicus brief for housing discrimination case.
News & Resources
Is Your Compliance Program More than a Paper Program? DOJ Issues Revised Guidance for Evaluating Corporate Compliance Programs
July 10, 2020
April 29, 2020
April 06, 2020
April 02, 2020
March 13, 2020
March 02, 2020
November 19, 2019
Industries & Practices
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations