Max’s practice specializes in the areas of commercial and corporate practice, primarily cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions, fundraising, foreign direct investment, corporate finance and corporate reconstructing in China and the United States. With strong negotiation and contract drafting skills, he also regularly advises on a wide range of compliance and general corporate issues for different clients.
Max also has extensive experience and represents domestic and foreign clients in cross-border litigation and arbitration matters arising out of complex commercial transactions. His practice areas also include intellectual property rights and insurance laws.
- Advised private equities, high-tech medical and agricultural companies as well as a cryptocurrency company in series A and B equity financing in the U.S.
- Advised a U.S. clean energy company in establishing a joint venture with several foreign and domestic parties and acquiring patents, trademarks and know-hows from overseas.
- Advised a machinery manufacturer company in transferring its shares to a German company in a cross-border acquisition transaction.
- Advised a Fortune Global 500 company and its subsidiaries in China as their outside general counsel and provided legal services in a wide range of corporate governance, commercial transactions, foreign direct investment, government investigation, and regulatory compliance matters.
- Advised start-up entities in business formation in Hong Kong, US and mainland China, and negotiated and drafted transactional documents.
- Assisted a high-tech enterprise with its IPO in HKEX and conducted due diligence.
- Represented a world-leading consumer goods company in a high-profile arbitration in China.
- Advised on a dispute arising out of a high-profile cross-border acquisition in agriculture sector.
- Represented a major Chinese insurance company in its cross-border litigation and regulatory compliance matters.
- Advised an international company in investigation and resolution of issues arising out of FCPA and U.S. sanction laws.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Emerging Companies
- Investment Funds
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity