Over Randon’s long career to date, he has developed a national reputation for his work with cooperatives in both the agricultural and in the non-agricultural sectors, including among others cooperatives in the egg, fruit, cane/beet sugar, brine shrimp, turkey and concrete manufacturing businesses. He has also served as counsel for a client in a challenge of the Federal Line Item Veto law, which was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Randon has been recognized by Chambers USA and by Best Lawyers in America®. He has been involved for many years in the National Council of Farmer Cooperatives and many other organizations focused on cooperatives.
- Served as counsel for a client in a challenge of the Line Item Veto law, which was struck down by the United States Supreme Court.
- Established three major cooperatives in the sugar beet industry and assisted in the acquisition of 15 sugar factories across the United States.
- Formation of Snake River Sugar Cooperative and Acquisition of Amalgamated Sugar Company (approximately 1,000 farm families).
- Formation of Rocky Mountain Sugar Growers and Acquisition of Western Sugar Company (approximately 1,000 farm families).
- Acquisition of Michigan Sugar Company and Monitor Sugar Company (approximately 1,000 farm families).
- Formation of Sugar Growers and Refiners, Inc. in Louisiana (approximately 700 cane farmers and 8 cane mills) and the formation of Louisiana Sugar Refining LLC.
- Formation of United Potato Growers of America (a Federated Cooperative) with Member Cooperatives in Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Wisconsin and California and other growing regions.
- Outside General Counsel to United Egg Producers, a cooperative based in Atlanta, Georgia, whose members produce approximately 90% of the eggs produced in the U.S.
- Formation of Cranberry Growers Cooperative, based in Wisconsin, representing cranberry growers in the U.S. and Canada.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Cooperative Law
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate & Land Use
Professional & Civic
- Salt Lake County and American Bar Associations
- Utah State Bar
- Ireland Bank (in Idaho), Director
- This is the Place Foundation (which operates This is the Place Heritage Park), Executive Committee
- A founding Trustee (Secretary/Treasurer), Scott M. Matheson Park Foundation
- Former Member, University of Utah Research Park Advisory Committee
- Former Trustee, The Walbridge Fund, a New York Charitable Foundation Founder and Trustee, Midway Heritage Foundation
- Trustee and Secretary/Treasurer, Midway Property Owners Association
- Director (former Vice Chair), Ireland Bank, Malad, Idaho