As a member of Dorsey's Corporate Group, Barry assists clients in planning and effecting complex transactions, principally mergers, acquisitions, financings and joint ventures involving both publicly and privately held strategic parties and private equity investors.
Barry has structured and organized numerous corporations and alternative business entities, including private equity funds of various types and operating entities with multiple institutional owners. He also advises boards, senior management and corporate counsel with respect to governance and operational issues on a routine basis.
Education & Admissions
Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., Taxation, 1975)
Duke University School of Law (J.D., 1972)
Duke University (B.A., 1967)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York and the District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Acquisition and financing of Oxbow Sulphur Inc. and its worldwide sulphur business affiliates by H. J. Baker Sulphur Holdings, LLC.
- Sale of private equity-owned Paradigm Spine, LLC to NASDAQ-traded RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc. for a mixture of cash and RTI common stock.
- Divestiture of the fertilizer business of H. J. Baker & Bro., Inc. to a private equity fund unit of Platte River Equity.
- Business divestiture of private equity-owned Knee Creations, LLC to a unit of Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
- Business asset acquisitions for Singapore Post Limited.
- Reorganization, equity financing and senior debt financing of private equity-owned Paradigm Spine, LLC.
- Domestication of W.P. Stewart & Co., Ltd. from Bermuda to Delaware.
- Reverse merger of NASDAQ-traded Schick Technologies, Inc. (later known as Sirona Dental Systems, Inc.) and Madison Dearborn Partners-controlled Sirona Dental Systems, Inc.
- Reorganization and business acquisitions of U.S. subsidiaries of Singapore-based CSE Global Limited.
- Initial public offering of W.P. Stewart & Co., Ltd.
- Organization, financing and sale of private equity-owned Auction Finance Group, Inc. and Canadian Auto Auction Group to ADESA Corporation.
- Acquisition of Engineering and Technical Services, Inc. by Singapore Technologies Pte Ltd.
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity