Adaeze has experience in representing fund sponsors in various aspects of fund formation and ongoing fund management and operational matters, including providing counsel with respect to a wide variety of private fund structures.
Before joining Dorsey, Adaeze practiced in leading international law firms in both New York and Washington, DC focusing on capital markets transactions, private equity and venture capital fund formation. Prior to that, Adaeze served as a compliance officer at a large financial institution and as a state securities regulator.
- Represented a first-time venture fund sponsor in the formation and negotiation of a fund associated with a New York based technology start-up accelerator program
- Represented a first-time venture fund sponsor in the formation and negotiation of a fund led by a State University system anchor investor
- Represented a first-time fund sponsor in the structuring and formation of a multi-class fund of funds vehicle that invests in hedge funds, venture funds, and private equity funds
- Represented a fund sponsor in the negotiation and consummation of the buyout of a unaffiliated fund general partner and tender offer-like transaction for fund limited partner interests
- Represented various first-time sponsors in the structuring and formation of alternative investment fund structures for traditional investors and strategic corporate investors focused on extracting market-based informational and/or access benefits, in addition to traditional financial value
- Represented an investment fund sponsor in its internal organization and the formation of its second fund, a middle-market buyout vehicle focused on the healthcare, financial services, and education sectors
- Represented a large investment bank's private equity arm in the formation and negotiation of its first social impact investment fund
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Investment Funds
- Investment Management
- Private Equity