GARY HELPS PUBLIC COMPANIES MEET THEIR FINANCING OBJECTIVES BY ACCESSING THE CAPITAL MARKETS AND ADVISES ON CORPORATE GOVERNANCE, SHAREHOLDER ACTIVISM AND SEC COMPLIANCE MATTERS.
Gary is a partner in the Capital Markets and Corporate Compliance Group with extensive experience advising public companies on a wide range of securities financing, reporting and compliance matters. Gary also regularly advises clients and their Boards of Directors with respect to corporate governance, SEC compliance, public company disclosure, shareholder activism and executive compensation. Gary served as Co-Chair of the firm-wide Corporate Group from 1997 to 2002 and as a member of the Firm's Management Committee from 1997 to 2002.
- General Mills, Inc.
- Imation Corp.
- Otter Tail Corporation
- St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- SUPERVALU INC.
- $75 million at-the-market equity program for Otter Tail Corporation commenced in May 2015.
- €500 million 1.00% Senior Notes due 2023 and €400 million 1.50% Senior Notes due 2027 issued in April 2015 for General Mills, Inc.
- Contested proxy election for Imation Inc. in 2015.
- $350 million 7.75% Senior Notes due 2022 issued in November 2014 for SUPERVALU Inc.
- $500 million 1.40% Senior Notes due 2017 and $500 million 2.20% Senior Notes due 2019 issued in October 2014 for General Mills, Inc.
- $250 million Floating Rate Notes due 2016 and $500 million 3.65% Senior Notes due 2024 issued in January 2014 for General Mills, Inc.
- €500 million 2.10% Senior Notes due 2020 issued in November 2013 for General Mills, Inc.
- $250 million of tack-on Floating Rate Notes due 2016 issued in October 2013 for General Mills, Inc.
- $400 million 6.75% Senior Notes due 2021 issued in May 2013 for SUPERVALU Inc.
- Tender Offer for 8.00% Senior Notes due 2016 in May 2013 for SUPERVALU Inc.
- $250 million 0.875% Notes due 2016, $250 million Floating Rate Notes due 2016 and $500 million 4.15% Senior Notes due 2043 issued in January 2013 for General Mills, Inc.
News & Resources
July 11, 2016
Board Refreshment: Investors Respond to Trends in Mandatory Retirement Age and Tenure with More Stringent Voting Policies
April 11, 2016
March 15, 2016
February 25, 2016
November 24, 2015
August 20, 2015
News & Press Mentions
February 19, 2016
February 7, 2016
45 Dorsey Lawyers in Minneapolis and Fargo Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 and Best Lawyers of the Year
August 17, 2015
October 14, 2013
Events & Speaking Engagements
November 18, 2015
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Food & Agribusiness
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Named Best Lawyers Minneapolis Corporate Governance Lawyer of the Year, 2014
- Named one of “America’s Leading Business Lawyers” by Chambers USA, 2007-2010
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2007-2017
- Named to BTI Client Service All-Star Team for Law Firms, 2003, 2008 and 2016
- Named in Who's Who in Legal USA - Corporate Governance, 2006
- Named a Minnesota Super Lawyer, 2003, 2009-2010
- MSBA North Star Lawyer, 2012-2015