John works with a wide range of businesses to provide practical advice on financings, M&A transactions and general corporate matters.
As an associate in Dorsey’s corporate practice group, John works with clients across a number of industries on equity financings, M&A transactions, securities issues, commercial agreements and corporate governance matters.
- Represented a software company in multiple rounds of financings including $40 million in SAFEs, a $32 million Series B and a $75 million Series D.
- Represented the lead investor in a $115 million dollar Series C preferred stock financing for biopharmaceutical company focused on CRISPR technology.
- Represented the lead investor in a $80 million dollar Series D preferred stock financing for biotechnology company focused on cancer immunotherapies.
- Represented the lead investor in a $100 million dollar Series C preferred stock financing for enterprise digital surgery software company.
- Represented a hemp technology company in a $30 million Series B preferred stock financing.
- Represented an organic food brand in a $30 million Series C preferred stock financing.
- Represented a brain-machine interface company in an $8 million Series Seed preferred stock financing.
- Represented a software company in its $33 million sale to a UK private equity firm.
- Represented a veterinary franchise in its $26 million sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a software company in its $11.5 million strategic acquisition of a European software company.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Development & Infrastructure
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas
- Private Equity