Kelsey has assisted a broad spectrum of corporations and individuals navigate the personal and professional challenges of complex business litigation across numerous industries. Her experience includes litigation on both the plaintiff and defense side, including contract actions, deceptive trade practices, fraud, construction, defamation, and personal-injury disputes. Kelsey is gifted at synthesizing complex factual and legal issues to create compelling narratives and persuasive legal arguments, both in motion practice and in the courtroom.
Most importantly, Kelsey believes that zealous advocates must put their clients’ interests first, which starts by gaining a thorough understanding of her clients’ business operations and the specific outcome for litigation that best supports the business as a whole. By staying focused on the client’s objectives, Kelsey works to provide efficient, strategic, results-based solutions that minimize the total cost and business disruption inherent to litigation.
- Currently representing national public relations firm in complex, high-profile lawsuit by former client, a large constitutional-rights organization in a $50m dispute arising out of the termination of the multi-decade business relationship between the parties.
- Currently representing national debt-relief corporation in action brought by former customer for fraud, breach of contract, and deceptive trade practices, which was successfully compelled to arbitration.
- Successfully defended Fortune 50 national logistics companies in numerous lawsuits involving personal-injury, premise liability, and catastrophic loss resulting in favorable settlements and dismissals.
- Member of trial team that obtained multi-million-dollar verdict for large construction contractor in suit for fraud and deceptive trade practices against a major national supply house.
- Achieved complete dismissal on summary judgment for national transportation company as a defendant in personal-injury litigation.
- Represented numerous contractors sued for construction defects resulting in favorable settlements.
- Oversaw large-scale document review effort in healthcare litigation action for breach-of-contract and fraud claims arising out of the failure of a multi-million-dollar joint venture agreement, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully represented client in emergency action to remove judgment lien from residential property in advance of sale.
News & Resources
- The Ring of Fire: Avoiding Low Road Cognition in Deposition, Defense Research Institute (DRI) Annual Meeting, Speaker (Oct. 2019).
- MIST Opportunities: Five Common Mistakes that Increase Exposure in MIST Claims, Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA) (Sept. 2019).
- Managing the Storm: Making a Case for the Duty of Life Balance, Defense Research Institute (DRI), In Transit (Apr. 2019).
- Who Tells Your Story? Keys for Controlling Your Company’s Story Throughout Litigation, Speaker, Texas Trucking Association (TXTA) (Mar. 2019).
- Dissecting the Reptile: Using “Crucial Conversations” to Locate the Reptile Heart, Defense Research Institute (DRI), For the Defense (Jul. 2018).
- Sleeping on the Job: A Critical Analysis of the FAA’s “Cargo Carve-Out” Under F.A.R. 117 and the Simple Solution that No One is Talking About, 79 J. Air L. & Com. 401 (2014).
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Healthcare Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Trusts & Estates Litigation