NICK GUIDES CORPORATE ENTITIES, INVESTMENT FUNDS, AND INVESTORS ON THE PATH TO BUSINESS SUCCESS.
Nick Taylor is a transactional attorney focused on mergers and acquisitions, capital raising and other financing transactions, fund formation and securities regulation, start-ups and emerging growth companies, new technologies, and the restaurant, wine, brew and spirits industries. Nick regularly represents corporations, LLCs, venture capital and private equity firms, investment funds, serial entrepreneurs, and serial investors at every stage from formation to growth to exit.
As their outside general counsel, Nick advises executives, directors, managers, and owners regarding financial, corporate governance, securities, and strategic planning issues. Nick’s experience includes reviewing and drafting contracts; handling employment and independent contractor issues; structuring equity incentive compensation programs; negotiating and closing equity, debt and convertible debt financing; establishing securities compliance programs; and leading private placements.Prior to joining Dorsey, Nick was a Partner at Stoel Rives in Boise. A native Oregonian, Nick now calls Boise, Idaho, his home, and he and his family enjoy its mountains, rivers, and people.
- Represented Primary Health Group, an Idaho-based health care system, in its multimillion-dollar equity capital raise and corporate restructuring.
- Represented WhiteCloud Analytics, Inc., a health care consulting and analytic software developer based in Boise, Idaho, in its acquisition by a subsidiary of Relias Learning, which is owned by the German conglomerate Bertelsmann.
- Represented an Idaho manufacturing and technology company in its sale to a public company and global manufacturing conglomerate.
- Represented an Idaho renewable energy company regarding a $400 million debt financing of its 122-wind turbine energy project.
- Represented an Idaho software company in its $50 million exit via a reverse triangular merger with its public company acquirer.
- Represented a private equity firm in its $65 million carve-out acquisition of an internet technology business.
- Represented a venture capital fund in a $15 million merger of U.S. and foreign technology corporations and preferred-stock reorganization.
- Represented a multi-state restaurant franchisee in its $40 million sale of restaurants back to the franchisor.
- Served as legal counsel for multiple debt, equity and convertible debt financings, mergers, stock and asset transactions, and private placements.
- Serves as ongoing legal counsel to several large local and regional real estate investment funds.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- “At Death’s Door: Idaho’s Corporate Practice of Medicine Doctrine”, 47 Idaho L. Rev. 479, 2011
- “Finders Keepers,” Idaho Business Review, 2010
- Speaker, "Preparing to Buy or Sell Your Company,” Executive MBA Program, Boise State University, annual presentation
- “How to Stay Safe if Your Company Gets Sued,” (interview with Minda Zetlin), Inc.com, 2013
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Investment Funds
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
Professional & Civic
- Boise Young Professionals, Member (2010–present), Chair Elect (2014–present), Chair (2015)
- American Civil Liberties Union of Idaho, Inc., Director (2017-2021)
- Boise Startup Week Advisory Board, Member
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, 2015
- Idaho State Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Licensing and Compliance Professionals, Associate Member
- Leadership Boise, Graduate, 2013
- Included in "Best Lawyers in America" (currently: Corporate Law), 2023
- Named “Accomplished Under 40” by Idaho Business Review, 2016
- Selected by Chambers USA as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” (Idaho) (currently: Corporate/Commercial), Up And Coming, 2021–2022
- Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers (Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Intellectual Property, Technology Transactions, Securities & Corporate Finance), 2017–2022
- Listed among Rising Stars in Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2016