Stefan is an attorney in the firm’s Trial Group, focusing on intellectual property litigation. He has significant experience in counseling clients in disputes over license agreements, software development agreements, patents, and trade secrets. Stefan is also committed to pro bono work, and has represented pro bono clients through trial in federal court, administrative hearings, and on appeal before the Ninth Circuit.
Stefan is a creative and collaborative attorney dedicated to thoroughly understanding his clients’ needs, and developing litigation strategies that advance them.
- Represented plaintiff in an excessive force case under the 8th Amendment in the Northern District of California, and obtained rare jury verdict awarding plaintiff compensatory and punitive damages.*
- Represented major technology company in patent litigation matters pending in the Eastern District of Texas and Western District of Washington.*
- Represented defendant in trade secrets and breach of contract dispute in the Northern District of California and action before American Arbitration Association.*
- Represented Silicon Valley-based hardware design company in dispute with software developer.*
- Represented defendants in related patent infringement, breach of contract and tort actions in District of Delaware.*
- Represented numerous clients in trade secrets matters and disputes in Utah, New York, California, South Carolina, and Texas.*
- Represented plaintiff in patent infringement suit in District of Delaware.*
- Represented defendant in trade secrets dispute in Texas state court and JAMS arbitration.*
* Denotes experience completed at a prior firm.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- "Licensing and Litigation Pitfalls in the U.S. Videogame Industry… and How to Avoid Them," December 2018, Montreal, hosted by Fasken
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trademark, Copyright, Advertising & Brand Management