A CORPORATE LAWYER WITH OVER 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, JAY TAKES A HANDS-ON APPROACH TO HELP CLIENTS EXECUTE STRATEGIC M&A TRANSACTIONS AND ADDRESS HIGH-STAKES CORPORATE AND SECURITIES LAW ISSUES.
Jay’s significant experience working with boards of directors, executives and in-house counsel of public companies allows him to guide companies effectively through complex transactions, as well as advise them on crucial corporate compliance and governance issues.
Jay counsels clients on a broad range of corporate, securities and business-related matters, including directors’ duties and responsibilities and other aspects of corporate governance, disclosure issues, corporate compliance matters, takeover defenses and executive compensation.
Jay has substantial transactional experience in the financial services, telecommunications, information technology, specialty chemical, health care and insurance industries.
Jay has advised clients on numerous M&A transactions, including:
- Heartland Financial USA, Inc. in its acquisition of CIC Bancshares, Inc.
- Heartland Financial USA, Inc. in its acquisition of First Scottsdale Bank, National Association
- Bahram Akradi, Chief Executive Officer of Life Time Fitness, Inc., in his rollover investment in connection with the sale of Life Time Fitness to affiliates of Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. and TPG Capital, L.P.
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of Alternative Investment Solutions, LLC
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of FSV Payment Systems, Inc.
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of the U.S. municipal bond trustee business of Deutsche Bank AG
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of the institutional trust business of Union Bank, N.A.
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of the U.S. and European securitization trust administration businesses of Bank of America, N.A.
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of the municipal corporate trust business of LaSalle Bank National Association
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of the corporate trust business of SunTrust Bank
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of the corporate trust business of National City Bank
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of the corporate trust business of State Street Corporation
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of Western Bancorp
- U.S. Bancorp in its acquisition of NOVA Corporation
- National Computer Systems, Inc. in its sale to Pearson plc
- Green Tree Financial Corporation in its business combination with Conseco Inc.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Mergers & Acquisitions