HENRIK'S PRACTICE FOCUSES ON ASSISTING CLIENTS IN ALL TYPES OF ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MATTERS AT THE STATE AND FEDERAL ADMINISTRATIVE LEVEL.
Henrik’s expertise helps clients with contested case proceedings, federal compliance review, investment decisions, contractual disputes, and interconnection litigation. He has represented major public utilities in rate case proceedings in Washington, Oregon, and Wyoming, and assisted those same clients in other contested case matters in California, Idaho, Alaska, Colorado, South Dakota, and Utah. Henrik has also advises clients on the federal implications of transmission expansion, reliability programs, and dam removals. He has also advised clients on FERC regulatory matters focusing on interconnection regulations and interpretations of Large Generation Interconnection Agreements and Procedures. Henrik also has a firm grasp on emerging reliability standards including the Midcontinent Independent System Operator’s newly approved seasonal resource adequacy program. He makes sure that all his work is done efficiently and professionally, and enjoys the detail and nuance that energy regulatory matters require at all stages of the administrative process.
Education & Admissions
Texas A&M University School of Law (J.D., 2018), Summa Cum Laude
University of Washington (2011), Cum Laude
- Not admitted in Utah.
- Texas Supreme Court, Justice John P. Devine, 2018-2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Honorable Thomas M. Reavley, 2019-2020
- Assisted The Navajo Transitional Energy Company on FERC interconnection applications for the NavEnergy Hub.
- Worked with Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association on interpretation and analysis of its Large Generation Interconnection Procedures, Large Generation Interconnection Agreements, and its Open Access Transmission Tariff.
- Advised Otter Tail Power Company on recent Power Purchase Agreements with renewable energy clients.
- Worked for PacifiCorp/ Rocky Mountain Power on the recent Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity Contested Case proceedings in Wyoming and Utah for segments of the Energy Gateway West transmission expansion.
- Assisted PacifiCorp on Interconnection disputes with Independent Power Producers in eastern Oregon.
- Assisted the Western Power Pool in the development of its reliability programs for Northwest utilities.
- Assisted PacifiCorp in its multiyear effort to remove the lower Klamath River Hydroelectric Projects.
- Assisted PacifiCorp in a Power Cost Only Rate Case, recently settled in Washington.
- Worked with Golden Valley Electric Cooperative on ongoing matters with Eco Green Generation.
- Assisted PacifiCorp with its 2022 Transition Adjustment Mechanism in Oregon.
- Assisted Idaho Power with is transmission expansion project from Boardman to Hemingway in front of the Oregon Energy Facility Siting Council.
News & Resources
- Co-Author, The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill: A Review of the Historic Civil and Criminal Liabilities, and Resulting Funding Streams, from America’s Worst Environmental Catastrophe, 47 Tex. Envtl. L.J. 153 (2017).
- Author, Breaking Barriers to Renewable Energy Production in the North American Arctic, 35 Alaska L. Rev. 67 (2018).
Industries & Practices
- Cooperative Law
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Development & Infrastructure
- Electric Power
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Nonprofit & Tax Exempt Organizations
- Oil & Gas