Marcia advises energy clients regarding federal energy regulatory implications of proposed business transactions and assists them to achieve their business objectives while remaining in compliance with federal energy statutes and regulations. Her practice focuses primarily on federal energy regulatory and transactional matters.
Marcia has represented clients from various segments of the electric power and natural gas industries including, electric utilities, independent power producers, independent transmission companies, electric power cooperatives, renewable energy projects, local distribution companies, private equity funds, interstate pipelines and electric power and natural gas marketers. Her experience extends to a broad array of both regulatory and transactional matters, including electric and natural gas ratemaking issues, transmission and generator interconnection issues, administrative and appellate court litigation, mergers and acquisitions and related financings, market power analyses, discrete organized market issues, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Represented various public utility clients seeking FERC authorization to acquire electric generation facilities
- Represented various public utility clients to obtain and retain authority to make wholesale sales of electricity at market-based rates
- Represented merchant transmission company at FERC to obtain transmission rate incentives for development of a transmission line
- Represented independent power producers to obtain approval for reactive power rates
- Developed federal energy regulatory compliance training programs for power marketing clients
- Represented private equity fund before FERC seeking a ruling regarding regulatory treatment of passive interests
- Prepared open access tariff filings for electric and natural gas clients
- Assisted in representation of a renewable energy developer before a state commission to receive an award of renewable energy credits
Industries & Practices
- Electric Power
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Oil & Gas