Phil is a banking & finance lawyer in the London office of Dorsey & Whitney. He has over 20 years of experience in relation to domestic and cross-border corporate banking arrangements acting for companies, funds, management teams, financial institutions and alternative finance providers.
Clients look to Phil for advice in relation to leveraged/acquisition finance, corporate credit facilities (investment grade and sub-investment grade), real estate finance, unitranche products, junior debt products, asset based lending, foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives, corporate treasury arrangements and debt rescheduling and restructuring.
Legal500 2017 remarks that Phil is “outstanding”. He is also recognized as a notable practitioner by Euromoney’s IFLR1000.
- Providing English legal advice to Japanese multinational telecoms company Softbank in connection with the financing supporting its £24bn acquisition of ARM Holdings.
- Advising Just Eat plc in connection with its £350m corporate debt facilities, including advising in connection with financing issues related to its acquisitions of Hungry House, Skip the Dishes and Clicca e Mangia.
- Advising a US-headquartered multinational technology outsourcing conglomerate in connection with all aspects of its pan-European receivables financing and the rescheduling and subsequent restructuring of its parent credit facilities.
- Advising a US PE sponsor in connection with its provision of subordinated finance to a UK-headquartered visual effects software development company using CISX-listed notes.
- Advising various UK PE sponsors in connection with the acquisition facilities supporting their UK and cross-border portfolio acquisitions and development.
- Advising numerous FTSE100, FTSE250 and FTSE350 companies in connection with all aspects of the debt facilities that support their strategic growth and development.
- Advising UK PE funds in connection with all aspects of the subscription line credit facilities put in place to bridge capital call commitments.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Capital Markets
- Foreign Banks and Financial Institutions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Phil is recognized as a leading banking & finance practitioner by Legal 500 UK 2016 receiving client praise for being an “outstanding” and “personable” team head.
- Phil is recognized as being “outstanding” in the Legal 500 UK 2017.
- Phil is recognized as being a notable practitioner for debt finance in Euromoney’s IFLR1000.