Navdeep has a wide array of experience in general business and commercial litigation, including class actions and complex, multi-party litigation across multiple jurisdictions. He is well-versed in litigation involving a number of consumer protection laws, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), FTC regulations and unfair trade practices acts. Navdeep has also previously represented pharmaceutical and insurance companies in mass tort litigation nationwide, and has also defended some of the nation’s largest commercial banks and financial institutions in state and federal courts across the country.
Navdeep also has experience advising clients across several industries (including aviation, banking, food and beverage distribution, and international trade insurance) with regards to regulatory and compliance issues.
Education & Admissions
Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 2010), Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
University of California, Berkeley (B.A., History and Political Science, 2007), Dean’s List; High Honors
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Hindi, Spanish, Urdu
- Helped successfully defend top national mortgage originator in breach of contract and fraud actions in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California. Responsibilities included first and second-chairing depositions of several high-level corporate employees and executives, and drafting several discovery and pretrial motions.
- Assisted in drafting successful opposition to class certification motions in several federal court actions alleging violations of the TCPA.
- Successfully resolved Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) lawsuit on behalf of mid-sized business owners via mediation.
- Drafted and assisted in the coordination of successful motions to dismiss numerous MDL actions against generic pharmaceutical manufacturers on federal preemption grounds, in the aftermath of the Supreme Court’s ruling in PLIVA, Inc. v. Mensing (2011).
- Represented franchisor in disputes with franchisees and regulatory authorities relating to franchise agreement termination and amendments.
- Successfully defended breach of contract and partnership agreement action on behalf of high net worth individual.
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services
- Development & Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Mortgage Banking
- Products Liability
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Trademark, Copyright, Advertising & Brand Management