KIM PROVIDES CLIENTS WITH THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX GUIDANCE AND EXPERTISE NEEDED TO CARRY OUT A WIDE RANGE OF BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS.
A partner in Dorsey’s tax, trusts and estates group, she regularly advises clients on the federal income tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and restructuring, corporate distributions and other transactions with shareholders, debt and equity financings, entity formation, securitizations and structured finance. She also provides tax planning advice to closely-held businesses, tax-exempt entities, and parties in bankruptcy proceedings.
Kim is Chair of the Firm’s Policy Committee and Co-Chair of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group.
- Greater than the sum of its parts
- IEEE adds Engineering360 platform to its powerful resources for the global engineering community
- Land O’Lakes merging with United Suppliers to create stronger company
- Miller Milling grows U.S. operations through acquisition
- Mosaic completes $1.25 billion registered offering of senior notes
- Mosaic creates winning combination with purchase of phosphate business from CF Industries
- Private equity client scores on sale of trucking firm
- SilverCrest Metals acquired in strategic transaction to enhance growth potential
- OptumInsight in its Optum360 joint venture with Dignity Health
- Optum in its acquisition of Aveta and NAMM Holdings
- Optum in its acquisition of ProHealth Medical Management
- Optum in its acquisition of WESTMED Practice Partners
- Kodiak Oil & Gas in its acquisition by Whiting Petroleum Corp.
- CHS in the issuance and exchange of its preferred stock for patronage equities
- The Mosaic Company in its acquisition of the Florida phosphate business from CF Industries
- Miller Milling Company in its acquisition of flour mills from ConAgra and Cargill
- Other representative clients include The Kohler Company, The Scoular Company and Otelco
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Public-Private Partnerships