David has extensive experience in consumer financial services litigation and co-chairs Dorsey’s Consumer Financial Services practice. He defends financial institutions against individual and class action claims alleging discrimination, predatory lending, violations of the Truth in Lending Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Fair Housing Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and disputes between lenders and securitization trusts.
David also has extensive experience in commercial litigation involving corporate disputes for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, and misappropriation of trade secrets. He handles cases before federal and state courts throughout the United States, including New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, California, Florida, Wisconsin and Washington State.
David co-chairs Dorsey’s Securities and Financial Services Litigation and Enforcement practice and writes and speaks extensively regarding the consumer financial services industry. He is also a member of the firm’s Banking Industry Group. He was a law clerk to United States District Judge Arthur D. Spatt of the Eastern District of New York and assistant district attorney in the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office.
Education & Admissions
Pace University School of Law (J.D., 1996), cum laude
Managing Editor, Law Review
Moot Court Board
Manhattanville College (B.A., 1992)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Honorable Arthur D. Spatt
- Representation of major lender as lead counsel in dozens of actions alleging predatory lending and violations of state and federal consumer protection laws.
- Obtained dismissal of nation-wide class action under the Truth in Lending Act and New York State-wide class action under consumer protection laws against major lender as lead counsel.
- Obtained dismissal of predatory lending and unfair business practices claims against major lender as lead counsel.
- Obtained dismissal of predatory lending and fraud claims against major lender as lead counsel.
- Obtained dismissal of fraud claim against major lender as lead counsel.
- Obtained preliminary injunction allowing disabled children to remain at private school for academic year as lead counsel.
- Part of litigation team that obtained order granting summary judgment in favor of NHL Team in action for breach of contract and unjust enrichment.
- Part of litigation team that obtained dismissal of claims for tortious interference of contract and unfair competition against subsidiary of publicly-held company.
- Part of litigation team that obtained order affirming dismissal of action against major software manufacturer for wrongful termination and defamation.
- Successfully argued appeal resulting in order affirming denial of motion for summary judgment in favor of victim in an action under the Son of Sam law.
- Part of litigation team that obtained order granting motion to dismiss class action against officers and directors of publicly-held company in connection with a merger.
- Part of litigation team that obtained dismissal of action for fraud against major software manufacturer arising out of a class action settlement.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Class Action Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Mortgage Banking
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement