As an associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group, Erik regularly represents health care industry clients with regard to various issues, from medical malpractice actions to government investigations (including False Claims Act litigation and investigations).
Erik also has an active antitrust practice, including representing corporate clients in Sherman Act and Clayton Act private litigation and merger investigations before the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission. He frequently counsels clients on antitrust issues, particularly in matters involving mergers and acquisitions (including Hart-Scott-Rodino reporting and integration issues).
Erik enjoys a robust national practice in franchise and dealership litigation, including matters before state administrative agencies and substantial appellate work. Erik also counsels clients regarding franchise and distribution issues in order to shape effective business strategies and avoid litigation.
Erik has represented securities litigation clients ranging from privately held startups to large publicly held companies in a variety of industries. Erik’s expertise includes litigation related to corporate directors’ fiduciary duties, including representing corporations and their directors in shareholder lawsuits arising from mergers and acquisitions.
Education & Admissions
University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 2012)
Hope College (B.A. Political Science, 2008), magna cum laude; Miles Award in Law, Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Franchise & Distribution Law
- Health Care
- Health Litigation
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
Professional & Civic
- Member, American Bar Association (Antitrust & Litigation Sections)
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association (Antitrust & Civil Litigation Sections)
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Active pro bono practice, with a particular focus on housing law matters