Lauren is an associate in Dorsey’s Government Enforcement and Corporate Investigations practice group, where she guides corporate clients through government investigations and enforcement actions brought by the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission, and state agencies. Lauren uses her creative problem solving skills to help clients avoid litigation, and, when necessary, achieve a positive result in civil lawsuits and enforcement actions.
Lauren has served as lead investigator for numerous internal investigations for insurance and health care clients. She has also defended clients in federal court when they themselves become the target of a fraud inquiry. To stay current, Lauren closely follows False Claims Act litigation and enforcement developments and writes extensively on the subject for Dorsey’s FCA Now blog and practice journals.
A former appellate law clerk with a deep commitment to social justice, Lauren has a robust pro bono practice representing indigent criminal defendants, non-profit organizations, and veterans in high-stakes circuit court appeals.
Education & Admissions
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 2015), Order of the Coif; magna cum laude; Class of 2015 Most Outstanding Contribution Award; Managing Research Editor, Volume 99, Minnesota Law Review
Macalester College (B.A., Classics and Philosophy, 2010), magna cum laude, Roger K. Mosvick Endowed Prize in Philosophy
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Supreme Court, Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea, 2015-2016
- Routinely handle internal investigations for healthcare and insurance Fortune 100 companies
- Second-chaired two-week federal health care fraud trial with numerous government witnesses
- Directed and oversaw eDiscovery document collection, review, and production of millions of documents for international organization in response to Department of Justice inquiry
News & Resources
- Panelist, False Claims Act in 2018: Are DOJ’s Actions Following Its Words?, Dorsey False Claims Act Forum (2018)
Industries & Practices
- Anti-Corruption Group
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement