BRIAN HELPS COMPANIES ACHIEVE THEIR STRATEGIC GOALS BY COUNSELING THEM ON A WIDE VARIETY OF CORPORATE, CAPITAL MARKETS AND BUSINESS-RELATED MATTERS.
Specifically, Brian helps companies raise capital to grow their businesses by counseling both issuers and investment banks in a broad range of public and private, domestic and cross-border securities offerings. These include initial, follow-on and secondary public offerings, Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings, Regulation D offerings, registered "shelf" offerings, rights offerings and tender and exchange offers.
Brian also helps clients achieve their strategic goals through a wide variety of merger and acquisition transactions. In this regard, Brian regularly counsels clients with respect to domestic and cross-border acquisitions and sales of both publicly and privately held companies and divisions and businesses thereof.
Education & Admissions
College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law (J.D., 2005), Order of the Coif
Notes Editor of the William and Mary Law Review; class valedictorian
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio (B.S., Business, 2002), summa cum laude
Beta Gamma Sigma
- New York
- Only admitted in New York
- Counsel to CHS Inc. in connection with over $1.7 billion of public offerings of preferred stock and the listing of such preferred stock on NASDAQ
- Counsel to Deluxe Corporation in connection with $400 million of Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings of senior notes, as well as cash tender offers and consent solicitations for approximately $480 million of previously-outstanding senior notes
- Counsel to Airspan Networks Inc. in connection with its private placements of over $185 million of Series C, Series D and Series E preferred stock
- Counsel to IntegraMed America, Inc. in connection with its $21 million registered public offering of common stock
- U.S. counsel to the placing agent in connection with ClearStar, Inc.'s Regulation S Category 3 initial public offering and listing on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- U.S. counsel to the nominated adviser and sole bookrunner in connection with Codemasters Group Holdings plc's £185 million initial public offering and listing on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange
- U.S. counsel to the sponsor and joint bookrunners in connection with Nanoco Group plc's admission to the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and concurrent £20 million placing
- U.S. counsel to the joint bookrunners in connection with Keywords Studios plc's £75 million cashbox placing
- U.S. counsel to a large international beverage company and its subsidiaries in connection with their $3 billion euro medium term note programme
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Counsel to IntegraMed America, Inc., a formerly NASDAQ-listed company, in connection with its sale to an affiliate of Sagard Capital Partners for approximately $169.5 million
- Counsel to Robert Bosch GmbH in connection with numerous acquisitions and divestitures, including, among others, its acquisition of the CST/berger measuring tools business of The Stanley Works for approximately $205 million, its acquisition of the friction materials business of Morse Automotive Corporation and its sale of the SKIL power tools business to the Chervon Group
- Counsel to Paradigm Spine, LLC in connection with its sale to RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc. for up to $300 million of cash and stock
- Counsel to Ninebot Limited and its affiliates in connection with its business combination with Segway, Inc., the world's leading provider of personal electric transportation known for its two-wheeled, self-balancing, battery-powered electric vehicles
- Counsel to Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited in connection with its acquisition of Bio-Pharm, Inc.
- Counsel to Otelco Inc. in connection with its acquisitions of Shoreham Telephone Company Inc., Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC and several entities from Country Roads Communications LLC
- Counsel to Airspan Networks Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Mimosa Networks Inc.
- Counsel to TUV Rheinland North America in connection with its acquisitions of Non-Destructive Testing Services, Inc. and Unified Testing Services, Inc.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity