Shevon's practice focuses primarily on the defense of pharmaceutical, medical device, and other companies in complex litigation matters. She has represented AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Dentsply Sirona, Intuitive Surgical, Inc., Pfizer, Takeda, TASER International, Inc., and other large corporate clients in local, regional and national products liability and commercial litigation, as well as in government investigations and consumer fraud cases.
Shevon plays an integral role in case strategy and fact development, and has managed active dockets involving single suits, collections of individual lawsuits, class actions, and Multidistrict Litigations. She also has experience organizing and supervising large-scale document production and review projects. Shevon develops trial strategy, and has successfully drafted and argued dispositive, in limine, and Daubert/Frye motions. She also has significant experience preparing expert witnesses and company employees from various backgrounds and areas of expertise for depositions and trial. In addition, Shevon conducts litigation risk assessments, establishes and manages e-discovery processes, implements compliance programs, and conducts trainings for in-house counsel and staff.
Shevon also is a member of the labor and employment group and assists with all aspects of employment litigation, including class action or representative actions involving violations of the ADA, including cases involving website accessibility, as well as single-plaintiff discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims, disputes over trade secrets and noncompetition agreements, and other contractual matters. In every case, Shevon and her team conduct a thorough and in-depth evaluation early on, to present her clients with the full range of possible strategy options.Shevon maintains an active pro bono practice that has included section 1983 prisoner civil rights litigation, divorce representation, and the successful obtainment of permanent residence status for immigrants through the Violence Against Women Act. She has also represented homeowners in premises liability matters, and successfully appealed the denial of an assistive technology petition for a disabled client. Shevon has been on the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania's Pro Bono Roll of Honor each year since 2009.
- Coordinates defense in product liability, medical malpractice, consumer fraud, and complex commercial litigation matters, including multidistrict litigations and class actions.
- Develops trial strategy, including preparing opening statements, closing arguments and cross and direct examinations.
- Recently tried several bench and jury trials, including successfully defending George Washington University Hospital against negligence and informed consent claims.
- Writes briefs, dispositive motions, motions in limine, and Daubert/Frye related motions, and has argued dozens of motions at hearings in several jurisdictions.
- Prepares fact, expert, and company witnesses for depositions and trials, and has taken/defended the depositions of more than 50 fact, expert, and company witnesses from various backgrounds and areas of expertise.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare Litigation
- Products Liability
Professional & Civic
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) 2021 Fellows Program
- Chair, Parents of Black Students Association – The Baldwin School
- Former Secretary of the Board of Directors, The Caring Center
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- The Alliance of Women Entrepreneurs
- Duke University and Phillips Academy Alumni Associations
- Contributed more than 50+ Diversity hours, 2020
- Dorsey & Whitney – Scales of Justice Team Award (Racial Justice Bronx Project), 2021
- Rising Star, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017 & 2018
- Pennsylvania’s Top 40 Under 40, National Black Lawyers, 2015-2020
- Lawyer on the Fast Track, The Legal Intelligencer, 2016
- Pro Bono Roll of Honor, First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, 2009-2015