Paul has extensive experience representing national and regional banks, insurance companies, and private lenders in complex real estate secured lending transactions involving a broad range of real property collateral, including office, multifamily, retail, medical, hotel/resort, industrial, and self-storage properties and leasehold interests.
Paul routinely represents lenders in connection with a variety of different loan types (including construction loans, bridge loans, construction to permanent loans, and permanent loans) involving collateral located throughout the country, including multi-property and multi-state transactions. Paul is licensed to practice in Washington, Colorado, and Utah, and he routinely represents lenders in connection with projects located in these states. Additionally, thanks to Dorsey’s national footprint and Paul’s relationships with local counsel nationwide, Paul is able to complete transactions regardless of the location or governing law of the project.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a $115mm term facility secured by 16 self-storage properties located in 11 states.
- Represented the administrative agent and lead lender in connection with a $50mm syndicated construction loan to build a 215,000 square feet office building and 280,000 square feet parking garage in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a $34mm construction loan to finance the construction of a three-phase distribution center project on ground leased property located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented the administrative agent and lead lender in connection with a $97mm syndicated loan to finance the acquisition and refurbishment of a 200,000 square feet mixed use office and retail building in downtown Bellevue, Washington. This particular loan involved more than $20mm in holdbacks to finance the renovation of the property.
- Represented the administrative agent and lead lender in connection with a $52mm syndicated construction loan to build a 150,000 square feet apartment building in Seattle, Washington.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a $36mm loan to finance the acquisition and renovation of a 256-unit multi-family project located in Puyallup, Washington, as part of a reverse 1031 exchange.
- Represented a national bank in connection with the origination of a portfolio of loans totaling $52mm secured by a large mixed-use project located in Salt Lake City, Utah, involving office, retail, restaurant, and movie theater assets.
- Represented a national bank in connection with the origination (and subsequent consolidation) of three separate loans totaling $35mm secured by 7 apartment buildings located in various cities throughout North Dakota.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a $20mm construction loan to finance the conversion of an existing office tower to a 140-unit multi-family project.
- Represented a private lender in connection with 20+ construction loans totaling more than $100mm in connection with development projects located in Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, and Utah.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a $37mm construction loan to finance a 236-unit apartment building built on ground leased property in Boise, Idaho.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Construction & Design
- Lending Transactions
- Project Development & Finance
- Real Estate & Land Use