A nationally known expert in tax-exempt leasing, Len represents a broad variety of clients on a nationwide basis in all aspects of the tax-exempt leasing business. He also maintains an extensive practice as underwriter’s and bond counsel, and is Chair of the Public Finance Group. Len has served on the faculty of the National Association of Bond Lawyers for over twenty five years, has been a member of the Steering Committee of the National Association of Bond Lawyers, and has served as a director of, and is currently general counsel to, the Association for Governmental Leasing and Finance.
United States Army
1st Lieutenant, 1972-1975
Airborne - Ranger
- Represented Motorola Corporation as special tax counsel in 2015 tax-exempt leasing transaction with the State of Michigan ($117, 000,000)
- Serves as Underwriter’s counsel to PiperJaffray on a continuing basis, closing over twenty-five transactions in the last three years, with a particular emphasis on charter school financings
- Represented the Minneapolis School District for over thirty years, most recently closing $75,000,000 in bond issues in 2014
- Represented the State of Minnesota as bond counsel for fifteen years, approving State bond issues in excess of $5,000,000,000
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Public Finance
Professional & Civic
- Association of Governmental Leasing and Finance (General Counsel, also past member of the Board of Directors)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Past Member, Steering Committee, also Chair of the Tax-Exempt Leasing Committee)
- Serves as Committee Chair for Boy Scout Troop 187, St. Paul., MN
- Served as a director of, and currently is counsel to, Westminster Camp Ajawah Inc.