Paul advises on trustees on new financings, including bond issuances, structured finance transactions, securitisations and banking transactions. He also advises trustees on post-issuance matters, ranging from advising on noteholder meetings and consent solicitations, to advising on the exercise of the trustee’s powers and discretions. In addition, Paul has a particular interest in advising his clients in relation to distressed transactions, including defaults, litigation and schemes of arrangement.
- Advising the trustee of a defaulted CDO transaction, which included advising on noteholder meetings, exercises of discretion and the enforcement and sale of the underlying security.
- Advising a major corporate trustee across a number of different securitisation transactions, in relation to requests for it to exercise its discretion on proposals to dispose of certain of the underlying assets as part of a major asset restructuring of the originator.
- Advising the trustee and agents in relation to the establishment of an auto loan receivables securitisation.
- Advising a trustee in relation to the consensual restructuring of bonds issued by an Indian issuer.
- Advising the delegate in relation to a defaulted Kuwaiti sukuk transaction, including advising on proposed restructurings, on indemnification and on eventual enforcement.
- Advising trustees and agents in relation to high yields note issuances as part of acquisition financings, including on the escrowing closing mechanics and ongoing accessions of guarantors and changes to security packages.
- Advising client as security agent on a series of real estate backed loan financings.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- “How Corporate Trustees Exercise Discretion – Part Two,” Butterworths Journal of International and Banking Law, May 2014
- “How Corporate Trustees Exercise Discretion – Part One,” Butterworths Journal of International and Banking Law, February 2014
- “Is there nothing new under the sun?,” Butterworths Journal of International and Banking Law, December 2012
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Trust Services