Andrew Quecan’s intellectual property practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution and counseling of clients in the fields of memory devices, photonics and optoelectronics, semiconductor devices and materials, digital and analog circuits, machine learning & artificial intelligence, software, wireless communications, networking, and optical systems. Andrew also provides strategic counseling regarding licensing and intellectual property litigation matters. His practice includes trademark procurement and invalidity/non-infringement opinions.
Andrew attended Stanford University as a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow, where his research focused on optical networks and autonomous vehicular communications. There, he also advised a graduate aerospace team on antenna design for a NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory project. During his undergraduate career, Andrew’s research focused on CdTe solar cells and the characteristics of THz beams.
Andrew has interned in technical roles at MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Broadcom Corporation, and Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems.
Education & Admissions
University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2014)
Stanford University (M.S.E.E., 2011), National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Recipient
University of South Florida, Tampa (M.S.E.E., 2008), Concentration in Signal Processing/Wireless Communications
University of South Florida, Tampa (B.S.E.E.; B.S., Finance, 2008), summa cum laude; Kosove Scholar; King O'Neal Scholar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Conducted invention disclosure meetings and prepared & prosecuted patent applications in technologies including memory devices and storage systems, digital and analog circuits, networked systems, software, cloud computing, mobile applications, virtual reality and augmented reality devices/applications, e-commerce applications, optical systems, medical imaging, sensor systems, and semiconductor device design & fabrication.
- Counseled start up clients regarding patent portfolio development during prototype and seed funding stages.
- Counseled clients regarding options for expedited examination of patent applications, including prioritized examination and patent prosecution highway procedures.
Industries & Practices
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Technology Commerce