Diana is Chair of Dorsey’s Infrastructure and Public-Private Partnerships Industry Practice Group. She has extensive experience advising both private and public clients in all aspects of complex development and infrastructure pursuits and project execution, including strategic and innovative joint venture and teaming approaches.
Diana has led projects for large developers, investors and design-build teams, and interacted as the lead representative to consortiums on the strategic aspects of development, P3 and design-build pursuits, including negotiation of the joint venture and teaming agreements, procurement and development documents, drop-down agreements, sub-contracts, and other ancillary documents.
Diana started out her career in commercial real estate in the Southern California region. She has a deep bench of experience representing investors, developers and buyers in California and across the country with strategic teaming and formation, CC&R’s and negotiation of development agreements. At Dorsey, Diana oversees the corporate formations for an international investor forming strategic partnerships for projects across the country.
Diana has also represented and worked with public agencies across North America for the last 18 years in developing P3 programs and delivering marquee projects through innovative procurement methodology.
Through her representation of both public and private clients in this industry, Diana has the unique ability to provide truly informed and balanced advice on risk transfer and key commercial terms to both public and private clients.
Education & Admissions
Harvard Kennedy School: Infrastructure in the Market Economy (2018)
University of Missouri - Kansas City Law School (J.D., 1996), Member and Notes Editor, University of Missouri-Kansas Law Review
George Mason University (B.S., 1990)
- New Mexico
- Not admitted in New York
Diana joined Dorsey from Tutor Perini Corporation in New York where she advised senior management on civil infrastructure pursuits, with a specific focus on strategic teaming and formation of joint ventures. Before joining Tutor Perini in 2013, she was Senior Counsel at Bechtel Infrastructure Corporation where she advised senior management on complex, civil infrastructure projects and was a member of the P3 Strategic Task Force, with a specific role in drafting and negotiating joint venture and teaming agreements with strategic commercial terms. Ms. Parks also spent over 11 years in the Los Angeles office of Nossaman LLP advising public clients in complex, innovative procurements, as well as private developers in large-scale real estate development projects. Through her experience in both sectors, she has the unique ability to deliver truly informed and balanced guidance to industry participants in complex project delivery methods.
Representative Infrastructure Projects:
- RTD Eagle P3 Project. Lead transactional attorney to RTD with respect to execution phase of Eagle P3 Project.
- I-10 Corridor Express Lanes, San Bernardino County. Lead transactional attorney to contractor in negotiating final design-build contract.
- Montana Legislation. Lead attorney in drafting and facilitating stakeholder input with respect to innovative financing infrastructure bill.
- La Guardia Airport Central Terminal P3 Procurement; Tappan Zee Bridge Design-Build Procurement; Toronto Eglinton Light Rail P3 Procurement; Dulles Phase 2 Design-Build Procurement; Kosciuszko Bridge Design-Build Procurement; Keeyask Hydro Plant, Manitoba and Denver RTD North Metro Line Design-Build Procurement. Lead attorney on behalf of Contractor in negotiating contract and procurement terms during industry review, including joint venture agreements, and teaming agreements with designers and subcontractors. Assisted in proposal strategy and preparation, appropriate contingency allocation and risk evaluation.
- Georgia Department of Transportation – PPP Program. Advised and assisted client in developing and implementing the Department's public-private partnership program. Lead partner responsible for drafting and negotiating procurement and contract documents for West by Northwest Managed Lane P3 Procurement.
- North Carolina Turnpike Authority – Mid-Currituck Bridge Project. Advised on the PPP procurement for a proposed 7-mile toll bridge facility to be newly constructed across the Currituck Sound connecting the mainland to the vacation destination of the Outer Banks.
- Texas Department of Transportation – Comprehensive Development Agreement (CDA) Program. Member of the Nossaman team advising TxDOT on procurement strategies for its state-wide comprehensive development agreement program which includes design-build, PPPs and franchise/concession agreements. Individual projects include:
- TTC-35 High Priority Corridor Project.
- SH 45 Southeast Project.
- Statewide Open-Road Toll Collection System Project.
- IH 635 Managed Lanes Project.
- Primoris Services Corporation. Advising developer on strategic teaming and joint venture terms for project pursuits. Draft and negotiate joint venture agreements and commercial terms concerning project and JV.
- Griffin/Swinerton Development Group. Advising developer on strategic teaming and joint venture terms for project pursuits.
- Summit Smith Development. Advising developer on strategic teaming and joint venture terms for project pursuits.
- Anchorage Community Development Authority. Advise ACDA in strategic commercial and residential development projects, including drafting and negotiation of ground lease, development agreement and solicitation documents.
- Newhall Land and Farming Company. Advised developer in the strategically planned development in Santa Clarita area of California. Drafted and negotiated purchase and sale agreements, CC&Rs, ground leases, and easements.
- Orange County Transportation Corridor Agencies – San Joaquin and Foothill/Eastern Toll Roads. Assisted these agencies in their relocation of hundreds of utility facilities for development of their toll roads. Responsibilities included strategic planning, negotiating and drafting relocation agreements, analyzing cost liability issues, and addressing contractor claims.
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Assisted agency with the development of cooperative agreements with local cities and utility owners impacted by the agency's transit projects. Drafted and negotiation lease agreements, MOU’s and other development related documents.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Construction & Design
- Development & Infrastructure
- Indian & Alaska Native
- Project Development & Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate & Land Use