For over 25 years, Steve has counseled debtors, creditors, boards and management in bankruptcy cases, business reorganizations, assignments for benefit of creditors ("ABCs") and out-of-court workouts. He has represented businesses of all sizes and stages of development in a wide variety of industries, including energy, technology, transportation, medical devices, clean tech and food. Steve’s practice is concentrated in California.
Steve is a partner in Dorsey’s Finance and Restructuring Group.
- Represented ATopTech, Inc. in connection with its chapter 11 bankruptcy case and subsequent sale of its assets to Avatar Integrated Systems.
- Represented ClearEdge Power, Inc. in connection with its chapter 11 bankruptcy case and sale of its assets to Doosan Corporation.
- Currently represents the Assignee in the Assignment of benefit of Creditors of Theranos, Inc.
- Represented the Assignee in the Assignment for Benefit of Creditors of Leap Motion, Inc. and the sale of its assets to ultraHaptics inc.
- Represented Pebble, Inc. in connection with the sale of its assets to Fitbit.
- Represented Coin Inc. in connection the sale of its assets to Fitbit.
- Represented the Assignee in the Assignment for Benefit of Creditors in connection with the sale of Telltale’s titles to various buyers.
- Represented D.A. Davidson in its role as receiver for Dan Copp Crushing.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Panelist, "Alternatives to Chapter 11," Turnaround Management Association Western Regional Conference, July 2017
- Moderator, “Disruption in Silicon Valley,” Turnaround Management Association – Western Regional Conference July, 2016
- Panelist, “What Every Officer and Director Should Know When the Company Is On the Brink,” Turnaround Management Association – Northern California Chapter, April 14, 2016
- Panelist, “When Good Things Go Bad: Dealing with Troubled Portfolio Companies,” Turnaround Management Association - Rocky Mountain Chapter, December 1, 2015
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Lending Transactions
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2018-2019
- Listed as a Northern California Super Lawyer by San Francisco Magazine from 2006-2018
- Rated AV® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized by Global Law Experts as “Business Reorganization Law Firm of the Year in California – 2016”