Monica’s creative problem-solving and advocacy help her clients navigate complex legal disputes successfully.
Monica focuses her practice on representing individuals and businesses in high-stakes civil disputes spanning a wide range of industries. Her experience in all stages of litigation—including mediation, trial, and appeals—informs the strategies she offers her clients to resolve matters effectively.
Education & Admissions
University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 2016), Virginia Journal of Law and Politics, Managing Editor for Business; Extramural Moot Court
University of Texas at Dallas (B.A., Political Science, 2013), Eugene McDermott Scholars Program; Congressman Bill Archer Fellowship Program; Phi Kappa Phi; Collegium V Honors Program; Moot Court
- Served on trial team successfully representing defendant against breach of nondisclosure and breach of noncompete agreements claims where plaintiff was seeking $41 million in damages.
- Successfully defended small business owner against fraud and unjust enrichment claims where plaintiff was seeking over $250,000 in damages.
- Successfully negotiated settlement of disputed estate and will contest.
- Represented employee of large national media company in wrongful termination arbitration proceeding.
- Defended some of the first negligence cases related to COVID-19 exposure in large meatpacking facilities.
Industries & Practices
Banking & Financial InstitutionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation