His experience includes representing public, private and emerging companies in their SEC-registered and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including IPOs, in a variety of industries. He has also represented underwriters in IPOs and other strategic financings. Michael also represents public and private companies in strategic mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Michael also has helped financial institutions address regulatory compliance under Dodd Frank.
Michael is an associate in the Corporate Group in Dorsey's Salt Lake City Office.
Selected Capital Markets Transactions
- Represented Roth Capital Partners in a $15.9 million public offering of common stock by Global Water Resources, Inc.
- Represented Amedica Corporation in its $15.0 million public offering of preferred stock and warrants.
- Represented Purple Innovation, LLC in its reverse merger with Global Partner Acquisition Corp. and simultaneous listing of Class A Common Stock
- Represented Roth Capital Partners in the $26.6 million initial public offering of ASV Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Lipocine Inc. in its “at the market” offering of up to $20.0 million of common stock.
- Represented Amedica Corporation in its confidentially marketed public offering of 8,900,000 shares of common stock and warrants to purchase 4,005,000 shares of common stock.
- Represented Franklin Covey Co. in its $35.0 modified Dutch auction tender offer for shares of its common stock.
- Represented People’s Utah Bancorp in its $34.9 million SEC-registered initial public offering of common shares.
- Represented Great Basin Scientific, Inc. in its $8.1 million SEC-registered initial public offering and its $24.0 million SEC-registered public offering of Units, consisting of convertible preferred stock and warrants.
- Represented Perseon Corporation in its $5.2 million SEC-registered public offering of common stock and warrants.
- Represented a bank holding company in its $44.7 million SEC-registered initial public offering.
- Represented underwriters in the $112.7 million SEC-registered initial public offering and $124.2 million follow-on offering of a large, diversified lumber and building materials distributor.
- Represented underwriters in the $582.2 million and $723.4 million SEC-registered secondary offerings of a specialty retailer of natural and organic food.
- Represented the leading source of information, insight and analytics in its $464 million SEC-registered secondary offering.
- Represented underwriters in a $399.5 million SEC-registered block trade of an independent natural gas and oil exploration company.
- Represented underwriters in a $47.8 million SEC-registered block trade of a diversified, multi-line healthcare enterprise.
- Represented a leading global food and beverage company in its $2.0 billion and $1.8 billion offering of investment-grade debt.
- Represented the nation’s largest financial services company specializing in education on its $850 million offering of investment-grade debt.
- Represented underwriters in a $575 million high-yield debt offering of a residential and reverse mortgage servicer.
Selected Merger and Acquisition Transactions
- Represented People’s Utah Bancorp in its acquisition of Town & Country Bank, Inc.
- Represented People’s Utah Bancorp in its acquisition of seven bank branches from Banner Bank.
- Represented Franklin Covey Co. in its acquisition of Robert Gregory Partners.
- Represented Franklin Covey Co. in its acquisition of Jhana Education.
- Represented HealthEquity, Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of BenefitGuard, LLC.
- Represented Leavitt Partners in its acquisition of BLIS, Inc. and the formation of Leavitt Risk Partners.
- Represented the seller in a private equity leveraged buyout.
- Represented the buyer in a merger of designers of scientific instruments.
- Represented the buyer in a merger of providers of global identity networks.
- Represented Zions Bancorporation in the merger of its seven subsidiary banks.
- Represented Perseon Corporation in the divestiture of its hyperthermia assets.
- Represented the purchaser in an acquisition of the assets of a hand tool distribution and sales business.
- Represented China Pacific Property Insurance Co., Ltd. in its venture capital and strategic investment in Metromile, Inc.
- Represented a San Francisco based private equity fund in its acquisition of a provider of neuromonitoring services.
- Represented a private equity firm in multiple co-investments in the healthcare industry.
- Represented a global private equity firm in the sale of several of its partnership interests.
- Represented a San Francisco based private equity fund in its acquisition of a healthcare receivables financing company.
- Represented Zions Bancorporation in the redemption of five statutory trusts.
- Represented Zions Bancorporation in the federal and state regulatory application process associated with the merger of its seven subsidiary banks.
- Represented multiple financial institutions in the creation of resolution plans as required by the Dodd-Frank Act.
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity