Ron, an expert communicator and strategist, leverages years of speaking and leadership experience, unique creativity, academic clarity, and a military-forged work ethic to provide his clients with highly effective trial advocacy.
Ron aims to achieve more than just a desirable legal outcome for his clients. Knowing that the ripples of litigation can often impact his clients' business, reputations, and daily lives, Ron factors those considerations into every detail of his overall litigation strategy. Forming the bedrock of his practice philosophy is a deep-rooted sense of client service that began with his service in the U.S. military, which carries into his legal practice today.
Ron was recently selected and is currently studying as a candidate to receive the nation’s first Master of Laws degree (LL.M.) in Litigation Strategy and Management from Baylor University School of Law. As a candidate, Ron is receiving advanced post-doctoral legal education in procedural strategy, trial tactics, complex litigation management, case assessment and valuation, crisis management, cybersecurity, data analytics, discovery management, and many more topics critical to gaining an edge in sophisticated litigation. Ron anticipates to have earned his LL.M. by November 2019.
Education & Admissions
Baylor School of Law (Anticipated LL.M., 2019), inaugural class
Texas Tech School of Law (J.D., 2016), summa cum laude; Salutatorian; Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society; National Order of the Coif
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defended a challenge to a Hospital District's governmental immunity by 317 plaintiffs; prevailed on a Plea to the Jurisdiction.
- Represented Internet Service Provider in a complex Declaratory Judgment action concerning safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Represented Fortune 50 company in a $220 Million complex commercial contract dispute.
- Defended corporation and individual defendant from allegations of federal securities fraud and complex theories of breach of contract; extensively briefed and argued heightened pleading standards under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act (PSLRA) and supplemental federal jurisdiction under 28 U.S.C. § 1367.
- Defended medical device manufacturer in products liability litigation culminating in a trial in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas Marshall Division achieving a complete defense victory.
- Served as in-house broker dealer counsel for one of the country’s leading Fortune 100 financial institutions, advising on litigation and regulatory risks and exposures arising under the institution’s broker dealer arm of business.
- Represented country’s largest independent broker-dealer in highly-publicized FINRA arbitration between broker-dealer and broker involving alleged claims of wrongful termination and raiding, ultimately achieving a complete defense verdict after a two-week evidentiary hearing.
- Advised financial institution regarding broker dealer compensation manipulation, books and records misconduct, and internal investigations.
- Advised financial institution regarding scope of the attorney/client privilege as it pertains to internal broker dealer investigations.
- Conducted exhaustive statutory survey of state statutes in 51 jurisdictions regarding privacy of financial information and
Blue Sky Laws.
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Blockchain & Digital Assets
- Capital Markets
- Class Action Litigation
- Closely Held Businesses
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Development & Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- ERISA Litigation
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Products Liability
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Trademark, Copyright, Advertising & Brand Management