Jill McLeod serves as a partner in Dorsey’s Corporate Group. She represents companies in a wide variety industries, including oil and gas, mining, shipping and transportation, telecommunications, and real estate, including hotels and resorts.
Jill’s participation in mergers and acquisitions includes representing buyers and sellers of businesses and separate assets within businesses. Her experience in real estate includes representing sellers and buyers of real estate and advising on commercial building leases. Jill advises clients on financings, especially Alaska Native Corporations and telecommunications companies. She also counsels clients on corporate governance proxy matters, liquor licensing issues and drilling rig transactions and regularly advises oil and gas, mining and other clients on state and federal permitting and regulatory approvals required for infrastructure projects and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Jill served as in-house counsel for ConocoPhillips Company, the world’s largest independent oil and gas exploration and production company, where she provided expert legal support and advice to the company’s North Slope asset groups; analyzed and evaluated legal issues relating to onshore/offshore oil and gas authorizations, leasing, royalties, permitting, drilling, exploration, development and production; and collaborated with executive management and industry leaders on strategic planning issues impacting the company and the oil and gas industry, including complex procurement and employment issues.
Before joining ConocoPhillips, Jill served as Corporate Counsel for United Companies, Inc., an Alaskan Native-owned corporation, and its subsidiaries, which provide electrical and telecommunications services to communities in rural Alaska.
Jill is committed to pro bono efforts, dedicating 50 to 100 hours per year to assist non-paying clients in a variety of matters from administrative appeals from university dismissal decisions, foreclosure, and other contract disputes. Jill is passionate about health and wellness. She serves as the Wellness Champion and Diversity Partner for Dorsey’s Anchorage office. In the community, Jill currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Providence Alaska Foundation, a non-profit organization supporting the mission of Providence Health & Services Alaska, which is to advance health care excellence and access for all Alaskans. She is particularly committed to the Foundation’s support for Alaska CARES, an outpatient clinic that provides sexual and physical abuse evaluations for children, newborn to age 18 years. Jill is also an avid triathlete and runner and has completed numerous Ironman and marathon races.
- Mergers and acquisitions involving construction, telecommunications, hotels and resorts, and Alaska Native Corporations
- General corporate, corporate governance, proxy and transactional advice to Alaska Native Regional Corporations
- Organization and representation of corporations and limited liability companies
- Representation of oil and gas and mining companies on a variety of issues and transactions relating to properties in Alaska, including purchase and sale agreements; royalties; mineral and oil and gas leases; surface use; joint operating agreements; unit agreements; option agreements; seismic data acquisition; transportation; oil and gas sales; drilling; health, safety and environmental (HSE); and employment matters
- Drilling rig and oilfield services contracts
- Commercial real estate acquisition, development, leasing and disposition for developers, landlords, tenants, buyers and sellers
- Financings on behalf of borrowers ranging in size up to $150 million
- Transfer and renewal of liquor licenses
- Telecommunications agreements
- General matters for Alaska franchisee of national fast food franchise
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Indian & Alaska Native
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mining & Natural Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Real Estate & Land Use