Larry provides legal and other business counsel to mezzanine, equity firms, and other financial institutions.
Larry concentrates his practice in the structured finance, venture capital and financial services areas, as well as in the formation of small businesses, investment corporations and private investment funds. He is adept at planning and structuring all aspects of a financing, from preparing documentation and agreements to meeting the complex compliance challenges associated with raising capital to finance corporate expansion.
News & Resources
3.0 Model Debenture SBIC Ltd Partnership Agreement Now Available
April 13, 2016
President Obama Signs SBIC Advisers Relief Act into law; Long-awaited clarification of Registration Exemptions for Advisers to SBICs
January 8, 2016
News & Press Mentions
Four Dorsey Lawyers Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 (Woodward White, Inc.)
August 15, 2018
Dorsey Partner Larry Makel Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 (Woodward White, Inc.)
August 15, 2017
March 1, 2017
- Larry speaks regularly on the subjects of junior capital, structured products and fund formation.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Development & Infrastructure
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Investment Funds
- Lending Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Public Finance
- Real Estate & Land Use
Professional & Civic
- Alliance Hockey Association, Board, President
- Washington and Jefferson College, Board of Trustees
- Dallas Citizens Council
- Oak Hill School Founder, Director and Executive Committee Member
- Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation Board Member
- Founder, Director, and Board Member of:
- Resource Bank, N.A.
- Texas Capital Bank, N.A.
- Highlands Bank, N.A.
- Dallas Capital Bank, N.A.