Lincoln combines an engineer’s knack for problem-solving with an appellate clerk’s love of the law. The result is unique client service, focused on highly effective and efficient resolution of matters with challenging technical and legal complexity. Lincoln represents project owners, contractors, design professionals, banks, trustees, pension and health plan fiduciaries, managed care organizations, agribusiness companies and other entities in disputes both large and small.
Lincoln previously worked as a consultant engineer providing infrastructure design and construction administration services to private and public entities.
Education & Admissions
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2011), summa cum laude; Sole recipient of Salmon Dalberg Award (outstanding member of graduating class) & Davis Award (excellence in study of constitutional law); Articles Editor, Wisconsin Law Review; Order of the Coif
University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.S. Civil Engineering, Certificate in Business, 2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Honorable James B. Loken, 2011-2012
Construction and Design
- Counsel clients on all aspects of construction and design matters, including contract negotiation and interpretation, project financing agreements, dispute avoidance, claim development, expert retention and coordination, insurance recovery, and mechanics' liens.
- As co-lead associate, represented multinational EPC contractor in complex, multiparty arbitration and ancillary litigation resolving nearly $1 billion in claims related to the design, fabrication, construction, and operation of a supercritical coal-fired power plant. Obtained favorable settlements in addition to a $74 million arbitration award.
- Represented owner in complex, multiparty arbitration and ancillary litigation involving more than $40 million in claims related to delays, defects, and cost overruns in the design and construction of a landmark four-star hotel.
- Defended national precast concrete contractor in $2 million complex, multiparty arbitration and mediation.
- Represent owner of a premier network of independent living facilities in construction delay disputes with claims in excess of $1 million.
Public-Private Partnerships and Construction Financing
- Advise banking clients regarding Public-Private Partnership (“P3”) infrastructure projects exceeding $300 million in construction costs.
- Advise clients in construction financing and bankruptcy matters with $1 billion in dispute.
- Represented contractor in insurance coverage litigation asserting a $20 million loss.
- Counsel manufacturer in insurance coverage action and other disputes seeking recovery of $10 million loss.
- Represented subcontractor in defense of potential subrogation action by builder’s risk insurer.
ERISA / Pension and Health Plan Litigation
- First-chaired trial defending CEO against Department of Labor allegations fiduciary breaches.
- Defended defined benefit pension plan fiduciaries against more than $500 million in claims involving alleged self-dealing and failure to diversify and monitor investments.
- Defend 401(k) and 403(b) plan fiduciaries in putative class action alleging more than $5 million in allegedly unreasonable fees.
- Defended major managed care organization against putative class action alleging violations of the Affordable Care Act and the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Design
- Construction Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- Electric Power
- Energy & Natural Resources
- ERISA Litigation
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Oil & Gas
- Public-Private Partnerships