JESSICA’S PRACTICE FOCUSES ON EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION, INCLUDING THE DEFENSE OF BOTH INDIVIDUAL AND CLASS ACTION WAGE AND HOUR CLAIMS, DISCRIMINATION, HARASSMENT AND WRONGFUL TERMINATION ACTIONS.
Jessica is a Partner in the Labor and Employment group. She advises clients on a wide variety of matters including employment agreements, non-competition issues, wage and hour compliance, reasonable accommodation under state law and the ADA, and employee discipline and termination.
In addition, Jessica represents employers in a wide range of administrative enforcement actions. She has defended employers in OFCCP, EDD and I-9 audits and enforcement proceedings, Cal-OSHA enforcement actions, workers’ compensation trials, charges before the EEOC, DFEH and NLRB, and wage claims before the California Labor Commissioner.
Jessica’s language skills allow her to conduct workplace investigations, interviews and trainings in both Spanish and English. She is actively involved in Dorsey's pro bono efforts and is a recipient of the 2007 and 2010 Scales of Justice Awards.
Education & Admissions
University of Southern California (B.A., Political Science and Spanish, 1999), magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law (J.D., 2002), Hale Moot Court Honors Program
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Watch It: Monitoring Employee Internet and E-mail Usage, Nexus Journal of Law and Policy Symposium (October 2013)
- Speaker, Interviewing with Care, Association of University Professors of Ophthalmology (2013)
- Speaker, 2011 Updates & Best Practices for Managing Employee Medical Leaves, Professionals in Human Resources Association (2012)
- Speaker, Expedited Jury Trials, Lorman (2011)
- Speaker, Employees, Social Media and the Law, Public Law Center (2010)
- Trainer, Spanish-language Sexual Harassment Training (2010)
- Speaker, Realities of Defending an Employment Lawsuit and the Crucial Role of the Employer, Dorsey & Whitney LLP (2009)
- Speaker, Golden State in the Apple Orchard: California Law for Non-California HR Professionals, Washington State Council, 2009 Employment Law & Legislative Conference
- Speaker, Troublemakers in the Workplace, Dorsey & Whitney LLP (2008)
- Speaker, 2007 Employment Law Update, Dorsey & Whitney LLP (2007)
- Speaker, Top Ten Reasons High-Tech Companies Will Be Sued in 2006, Dorsey & Whitney LLP (2006)
- Speaker, Recent Developments in CA Law, Dorsey & Whitney LLP (2006)
- Trainer, Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, 2005 to present
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Labor & Employment