Carson’s transactional practice focuses on aiding clients in navigating and complying with complex regulatory requirements in mergers and acquisitions of all kinds. Carson has experience in putting together collaborative networks of health care providers including accountable care organizations and clinically integrated networks. Carson’s transactional experience extends to matters of corporate organization and governance, employee issues, and antitrust law, always with an eye towards client satisfaction.
Carson’s regulatory practice is focused on a variety of matters surrounding state and federal regulatory compliance. Carson’s practice covers state and federal fraud and abuse laws, including Stark, Anti-kickback, and the False Claims Act; Medicare and Medicaid rules; commercial insurance; HIPAA and HITECH; certificates of need; and EMTALA, among others.
Carson’s administrative experience includes assisting providers in matters involving self-disclosure, repayment, and reporting as well as seeking advisory opinions from relevant authorities as appropriate.
Education & Admissions
Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., 2015), Health Law Certificate with Honors
University of South Carolina (2012), cum laude
- Not admitted in Iowa.
- State of Georgia Superior Court
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the State of Georgia
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Digital Health
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
Professional & Civic
American Health Lawyers Association
- Leadership Development Program
- Fraud and Abuse Practice Group
- Health Information and Technology Practice Group
- Payers, Plans, and Managed Care Practice Group
- Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group
- Antitrust Practice Group